[FE8][WIP][25 Chapters][+11 Gaidens] Fire Emblem: Restoration Army (Attempt 3)

Found that Ash can “steal” from party members.

Doesn’t cause an error or anything though. But could act as an exploit to max him.

Also found Ch 4 Boss Gunther his map portrait versus his battle quote portrait are different.

Ch4x Boss’s portrait and name are broken when viewing.
4xboss

No screentshot but the Unit name Crossbowman cuts off the n when viewing.

1 Like

Thanks for giving it a play!

Summary/Edits
  • Ash being able to steal from allies is a bug from the steal from npc factions patch, which is needed for certain future chapters where you fight hostile green units. I don’t think there is a fix for this yet, so I may add a known bug section for this one.
  • Fixed Gunther’s boss quote.
  • Shortened chapter 4x boss’s name
  • Even with narrow font on the Crossbowman’s name gets cut off. I think this is fine.

The things you mentioned that could be fixed were and the ups has been updated. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Ch4X Boss portrait is still missing his eyes.

There appears to be an issue with Short bow’s.

Lynx has C Bow but is unable to use it though it says it needs D rank. There is also a skeleton with it on Ch4X that is unable to use his as well.

2 Likes

I made a recent change to shortbows. Archers can’t use them otherwise they get to have 1-3 range. I restricted them to nomads and scouts. I’ll find a place to mention that archers can’t use them.

Skeletons not being able to use them was an oversight, it has been changed.

1 Like

It seems to have been an issue with his invisible mouth covering his eyes. But it is also now fixed.

1 Like

It seems the Boss’s Drop in chapter 3 is broken, his inventory has a droppable Magic ring, but once defeated he drops 8000 gold instead, additionally stealing the ring with Ash makes it disappear and neither reward is obtained.

Screenshots

1 Like

Thanks for giving it a try and for catching that. There was hard coding on the item slot I used to create the Magic Ring. I removed it. The new patch contains this fix.

1 Like

Is heal supposed to have 1-2 range while mend has 1 range?

1 Like

Yup. Heal does 5+mag and is 1-2 range. Mend does 20+mag and is 1 range. For the big heals you will have to get closer.

I wanted there to be some choice when you heal, like iron vs steel rather than have mend just be a strictly better heal.

2 Likes

Heya, found another bug :yum:
The event where enemies spawn within the central treasure room in Chapter 4x lost monastery seems to repeat indefinitely.

Screenshots and extra details!

This lets you reach the max enemy limits of 50, which stops the True boss’s Fellow dogs as well as the Silver weapon enemies from spawning.

1 Like

Fixed and the ups is updated :slight_smile:

Map for 4xx can be cleared if you just move a unit

Yes?

Please explain more.
Chapter 4xx is a shopping chapter that you can level whenever you want. That is intentional.

Not that one. I’m referring to the chapter with the snake eggs and hostages.

Also for 6x only one house can be entered

1 Like

Are you playing on the most recent version? I can’t recreate this issue.

Thank you for pointing this out to me. It is now fixed :slightly_smiling_face:

I was lazy to play the recent one. Might be a good idea to play that version

Honestly thought the infinitely respawning enemies in Ch4x were intentional. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

The issue with infinite respawning enemies is that there’s a unit cap of 50 for each side, and if the enemy reaches 50 units they can’t get further reinforcements, that chapter has really strong enemies with silver weapons that show up late to push the player into hurrying up, but with that bug you can fill all the enemy slots and they wont appear at all.

2 Likes