[FE7][EVENT]Game freezes after Opening event

I have a little issue with my newest chapter. The game plays the opening event as it should, no problems here, but right after the scenes finishes, the game kinda freezes. There is no black screen or so, the game plays the player phase music and the map animations like flowing water and the map sprite are playing as well. But that it. The cursor doesn’t appear and I can’t move the cam. I’m not quite sure if it happened because of a bad event since I already tried to just to load the player’s unit and the same thing occurred. Otherwise I don’t know what it could else be, the map I inserted displays right and the turn music plays fine as well.

#define DISABLE_TUTORIALS
#include EAstdlib.event

EventPointerTable(0x36,Pointers)

ORG 0xD005B0
Pointers:
POIN Turn_events 
POIN Character_events 
POIN Location_events 
POIN Misc_events
POIN TrapData TrapData
POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad
POIN Good Good Good Good
POIN Opening_event Ending_event

Bad:
UNIT 0x88 Fighter 0x88 Level(16,Enemy,False) [9,17] [7,15] [SteelAxe] Guard
UNIT

Help:
UNIT Selicia PegasusKnight 0x00 Level(10,Ally,False) [4,2] [4,2] [IronSpear, Heilmittel] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT

Good:
UNIT 0x01 Lord 0x00 Level(1,Ally,False) [16,0] [16,1] [IronSword] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT Aurora 0x40 0x00 Level(3,Ally,False) [15,0] [15,1] [IronSpear] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT

Turn_events:
TURN 0x00 Opening_event [01,00] 0x0 0x0
TURN

Character_events:
CHAR

Location_events:
LOCA

Misc_events:
CauseGameOverIfLordDies
DefeatBoss(Ending_event)
AFEV

Opening_event:
MUS1 0x3A4
CAM1 [10,5]
OOBB
STAL 15
LOU1 Good
STAL 25
CURF 0x01
STAL 5
FADI 10 
BACG 0x21
FADU 10
TEX1 0xA52
REMA 
STAL 15
MUS1 0x0032
LOU1 Bad
CURF 0x88
STAL 5
TEX1 0xA53
REMA
STAL 15
CAM1 0x01
ENUN
STAL 15
TEX1 0xA54
REMA
ENUN
LOU1 Help
ENUN
STAL 35
TEX1 0xA55
REMA
ENDA

Ending_event:
MNCH 0x01
STAL 1
 _0x1
ENDA

TrapData:
ENDTRAP

MESSAGE Events end at offset currentOffset
//The map for this chapter is at offset: 0x80027D

Your first few LOU1s are missing ENUNs immediately afterwards, which should be the case most of the time.

I’ve tried that already (It was my first guess as well) but it still occurs.

Have you tried removing the ENUNs that appear elsewhere? I see ENUNs after camera moves, REMAs, etc.
Maybe the game softlocks because it’s waiting for units that won’t ever appear.

Nope, that isn’t working as well.

you need to put ENUNs there anyway, please fix that

I’m able to get these events working using the vanilla prologue map. All I needed to change was unit coordinates so that they were in-bounds. If you’re not having a bounds issue, I’m really not sure, then…

I’ve had this problem before. ENUNs can do things like this, but if you’ve tried with and without them, I would check two things:
Are the map sprites of the units you’re trying to load correct? If something is wrong, they may not load, and the game could freeze.
Are your loading coordinates a place where your unit can move? i.e. don’t load mercenaries on mountains and tell it to move through the mountain to its starting position.

The thing is that the events actually worked on a different chapter. I’ve copied everything from map to events to a different chapter slot and everything works great now.

1 Like

Huh. Just keep it there and you’ll be fine.