[FE6] Simply FE6 (Light FE6 Rebalance) 1.2

So here’s my FE6 rebalance, I know FE6 rebalances are quite tired at this point however I also realize that I don’t really care.
The premise of this rebalance is to make the experience as close to the original as possible, just with a lot of minor edits to make the overall experience much more enjoyable.

A lot of units have been made better and have been given a more well defined niche
There is only one newly recuitable character, Galle.
No characters have had their classes changed.
:crab: Ambush spawns are dead! :crab:
Hitrates are better
And many more small changes to make your FE6 experience just a bit better!

This project started out of my realization that FE6 on paper has a lot of the things that I really like such as strong enemies and a lot of recruitable characters for ironmanning however there’s a bunch of minor things that bog it down. As much as I adore Project Ember and respect FE6 in FE8 remake they’re both extremely different and are no real substitute to FE6.

So that’s how this project is came to be, I hope you’ll enjoy The Binding Blade just a bit different!

screenshots

FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-0
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-1
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-2
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-3
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-4
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-5
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-6
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-7
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-8
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-9
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-10
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-11
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-12
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-13
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-14
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-15
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-16
FE6SimplyNEW.emulator-17

Download it here!

full list of changes

updated various bases and growths
all lances and swords +10 hit
all axes +15 hit
all tomes +5 hit
all bows +10 hit and +2 might
longbow is 7 weight and at 25 uses
binding blade is 40 uses
light brand is attack-res
bolting is -2 might
divine stone gets 60 uses
luck/skill boosters are +4 now
eff weapons get +1 might
fog in the desert is dead
numerous small chapter edits to improve experience
all gaidens occur no matter what
Galle is recruitable.
you only need the binding blade for the true ending.
Echidna comes with an iron axe and steel sword
Dorothy comes with chest keys
Lilina comes with a vulnerary
Jerrot, Noah, and Trec are all blue
Trec comes with a knight crest
supports gain much faster
thrones don’t turn bosses into gods
there are a few more promo items
knights and generals have infantry movement and thieves get 7 movement
vulneraries heal 15 HP
staves give more WEXP

update log

Marcus got -1 defense, -2 HP
halberd is C rank
eff weapons are only +1
Sophia and Barthe’s growths were edited
Bors has 30 HP
8x got edited
new minibosses
more promo items

Barthe
more maps got some fixes.
legendary weapons now have 25 uses (Saint’s staff gets +1 use)
Douglas now spawns in his gaiden even if he’s dead.
Thea and Klein now always charge.
Elen nerfs.
Saul buffs.

12 Likes

What a very interesting set of rebalances. I do like the “all gaidens occur no matter what” that is a massive aid to people who don’t like resetting.

2 Likes

Is there a table to see the changed bases and growths?

There is not. You’ll have to check bases for yourself in-game and growths should not be hard to figure out based on bases as they weren’t edited in any extreme way but instead just adjusted for the most part

i’m a simple man
i see +2 to str spd res on roy, i click download

1 Like

This right here is based. Supports suck to grind in FE6 lol.

1 Like

chapter 8 map layout changes?

Absolutely based.

1 Like

Chapter 8 is the most boring chapter I’ve ever played in a Fire Emblem game and I’ve beaten Revelation multiple times. I considered breaking my ‘don’t change chapters too much’ rule just for it. I didn’t make it great or anything but I believe I made it a bit more tolerable.

ay I mean, Chapter 8 is one of those chapters where I say the map needs to be entirely redesigned. Essentially being forced to go into a circle and needing to get to the throne room to get to the other four chests is just bad game design and an ass move.

Just saying “just rescue drop” is not an argument either, just a lame excuse.

hey 1.1 is live for a full list of changes see the original post

Oh right, I actually forgot to ask: Did you ever attempt to “tamper” with the WEXP for staves? Staff WEXP is unfortunately always 1 in FE6 which makes Staff rank growth outrageously slow which is often demotivating or annoying (at least in my eyes). Was curious if it’s possible for that to be modified to be 2 WEXP per usage at the minimum, unless you don’t wish or plan to make changes like that.

Yeah staff WEXP has been buffed forgot to add that to the op

1 Like

1.2 is live be sure to check the op for details!

Barthe time

1 Like

Question
Does this have qol stuff like health bars and viewable growths?
Am fine without them if you think it doesn’t fit the light rebalance. Only want to know.

No it does not. I wanted to keep the original aesthetic of FE6 so I did not add any QoL features.

I can respect that.

I also respect the effort of the PE team and the FE6 in FE8 remake guy, but I find projects like those tend to butcher the feel of the original and feel unbalanced in their own ways. It’s nice to find a minimally invasive rebalance hack like this one.

Stuff I don’t agree with from your changelog:

• I would just +1 Mt to bows unless you mathed it out that +2 is absolutely necessary. I mean +1 Mt is already +3 damage on flying, +6 if doubling.
  • Wouldn’t buff Longbow personally. Would just buff things that are bad/have no niche.
  • If you’re gonna do Lk/Skl gives +4 like in the more modern games, then Angelic Robe should only give +5 HP to be consistent.
  • As much as fog is annoying, I feel like removing it takes away the feel of the original. Anyone playing this hack is not new to FE6 anyway, so they’ll have an idea of what/where the reinforcements are.
  • Jerrot, Noah, Trec being blue same as FoW. It’s annoying they start as NPC, but it made it more rewarding to be able to recruit/save them all.
  • Knights/Generals get +1 is fine. Don’t think Thieves need their Mov buffed though.
  • Don’t agree with vulnerary change. Just leave it the way it was.
  • I see “Elen nerfs”, “Saul buffs”. But I thought Saul was better in vanilla?

The rest looks good.

Firstly I sincerely thank you for giving this hack a shot, a few things though

Bows were fine when against fliers in vanilla anyway, the added might was more so to make their inflated prices more worth it and to give bows a proper niche beyond flier effectiveness. Wolt for example can one round soldiers in the early game and while other units like Dieck can also do that normally, Wolt avoids the nasty counterattack from those soldiers.

I felt longbow was a bit too heavy personally, making it a better limited tool I feel works to help archers more

There’s no need to be consistent with vanilla games.

This is very much a personal taste thing, I detest fog most of the time and I feel that FE6 fog is the worst, especially Arcadia. I also generally don’t like relying on player memory in order to create a fair game.

Again, a personal taste thing. In vanilla you could potentially get Zealot and Trec killed if you didn’t do the turn one rescue strats on hard which I felt was a bit cheap. Allowing them to start blue lets the map feel more dynamic imo since you can immediately start using them instead of having to try and get Roy to them.

Thieves already don’t promote. The added utility of having more movement both allows Astolfo specifically go retain his combat utility even with player units not being mostly pretty bad and allows thieves in general to get their side objectives done faster so the maps don’t stall due to them still having stuff to do. It also adds a bit more pressure to chest maps in exchange for the generally less roundabout edits made to the maps.

A matter of taste but I prefer vulneraries to be useful past the early game

I was just referring to Elen and Saul in a previous version. Elen was much much better than Saul in that version and it didn’t quite sit well with me to have them be so distant in terms of viability

Bows were fine when against fliers in vanilla anyway, the added might was more so to make their inflated prices more worth it and to give bows a proper niche beyond flier effectiveness. Wolt for example can one round soldiers in the early game and while other units like Dieck can also do that normally, Wolt avoids the nasty counterattack from those soldiers.

Seems good then. Been like 3-4 years since i played vanilla FE6 so I’m not familiar with the benchmarks.

There’s no need to be consistent with vanilla games.

Fair enough.

Thieves already don’t promote. The added utility of having more movement both allows Astolfo specifically go retain his combat utility even with player units not being mostly pretty bad and allows thieves in general to get their side objectives done faster so the maps don’t stall due to them still having stuff to do. It also adds a bit more pressure to chest maps in exchange for the generally less roundabout edits made to the maps.

Oh I thought they do promote in FE6. Maybe it’s just FE7 where they can. But even in FE7, Assassins only have 6 Mov.

Rescue chaining exists to help thieves get around faster, but I guess buffing their Mov makes them more independent.

Personal taste stuff

Agree, just personal taste. Not much to say.

I was just referring to Elen and Saul in a previous version. Elen was much much better than Saul in that version and it didn’t quite sit well with me to have them be so distant in terms of viability

Oh I see. Sorry I misunderstood.

2 Likes