[FE4]FE4 REMAKING(add Dijkstra's algorithm)

History

Hello everyone, I am a player from China. I hope to use my spare time to remake fe4. Now I’m just starting this project. Due to my busy work, this project may take several years. But I believe I can hold on to success. Here, I will share my work progress at any time, and I hope you can give me more valuable opinions. If you have any ideas about fe4 remaking, welcome to exchange.

Now let me talk about some of my simple ideas.

1. Due to the large size of FE4 maps, I hope the remaked game can be run on PC platform. With higher resolution, a larger field of vision can be obtained.
  2. Try to retain the characteristics of the original system, and combine with 776 for moderate balance and improvement. For example, let all Knights can dismount, increase capture, steal and rescue instructions. Add some new classes and items.
  3. Add more support dialogue, the support relationship is not limited to lovers and siblings.
  4. Just remake the upper part.

Because I seldom use English for many years, my English is not good. So some of the above content is machine translation, I hope you understand.

If you have any good suggestions, please communicate with me.

6/30/2021

I’m currently designing AI for the game. I know that there are two modes of AI in FE4, but I have no idea how it works. Maybe I should redesign AI, not just the original. About how to design AI, do you have any good ideas to share.

7/7/2021

Hello everyone, I’m back. Recently, I joined the gbajam 2021, and my work is very busy, so even if I have little rest, I still don’t have enough time to promote this project. Considering that I hope to participate in fee3 this year, first of all, I want to prove that this project really exists. I will report my progress here. So far, I have finished the introduction and dialogue part (a GALGAME engine), and imported FE4 map and some basic data. Next I’ll finish moving and fighting this month. I want to show some screenshots of my current work.

PS. This project runs on PC platform. Limited by the size of the original image of the game, I set the resolution to 512 * 384 (you can stretch to full screen).

8/2/2021

Hello, everyone. I’m very busy recently. I haven’t updated it for a long time. At present, the character information interface has been partially completed, and Dijkstra’s algorithm has been added today. Next I will start making unit movement and enemy AI. I hope I can finish more before fee3 starts.
When I calculate the road movement loss according to 0.7, the result is slightly different from the original game. I believe my algorithm should be more accurate.

Because I am not good at English, some of the above words are machine translation, I hope you will forgive me.

screenshots

fe4r-001
portraits drawn by 及川熊五郎

fe4r-002

fe4r-003

fe4r-004

fe4r-005

25 Likes

Now let me talk about some of my simple ideas.

1. Due to the large size of FE4 maps, I hope the remaked game can be run on PC platform. With higher resolution, a larger field of vision can be obtained.

2. Try to retain the characteristics of the original system, and combine with 776 for moderate balance and improvement. For example, let all Knights can dismount, increase capture, steal and rescue instructions. Add some new classes and items.

3. Add more support dialogue, the support relationship is not limited to lovers and siblings.

4. Just remake the upper part.

Because I seldom use English for many years, my English is not good. So some of the above content is machine translation, I hope you understand.

If you have any good suggestions, please communicate with me.

4 Likes

I’m currently designing AI for the game. I know that there are two modes of AI in FE4, but I have no idea how it works. Maybe I should redesign AI, not just the original. About how to design AI, do you have any good ideas to share.

2 Likes

We can’t offer advice on how to change AI until you start your project with a specific engine.

Are you going to hack fe8u, use Lex Talionis, use Tactile, or what?

I am developing a homebrew engine.

Good Luck man. Hope I get the chance to try your engine and remake when they are released

Thank you. I hope I can update a demo on fee3 2021.

great, I’m sending my submission form right now

Oh, I think I’ve seen some of your stuff on the discord? I don’t think I have anything to contribute, but it’s cool to see stuff like this

1 Like

It’s late at night now. I’m going to work in a few hours. I have to rest. Next time I update, I’ll mark the source of the assets I’m currently using.

1 Like

I see some great stuff here!! It’s good to see another FE4 remake starting… just curiosity, where are you from??

I am Chinese. I work in Beijing now.

haha Ok that explains me why I didn’t understand the text in the pictures XD I learned a bit of japanese and thought it was kanji, but nope is its original form → chinese xD

Well kanji literally means “Han Signs”. Japanese text tends to have simpler symbols due to the two remaining syllaberies and Korean script is very blocky so it’s pretty easy to differentiate the three writing systems.

BTW is that the crusades I see in the first screen? If so, cool!

Yes. I will also provide the English version in the future, if someone can provide a good English translation.

2 Likes

Hello, everyone. I’m very busy recently. I haven’t updated it for a long time. At present, the character information interface has been partially completed, and Dijkstra’s algorithm has been added today. Next I will start making unit movement and enemy AI. I hope I can finish more before fee3 starts.
When I calculate the road movement loss according to 0.7, the result is slightly different from the original game. I believe my algorithm should be more accurate.

1 Like

该项目是否仍在进行?
I translated with Google, hopefully is understandable