[FE10] Radiant Dawn hacking showcases

After the astounding success of Daybreak’s trailer during FEE3 2022, I thought it was time to post a topic as well. Initially, I planned on making the debut with a patch available, but there have been so many updates and new possibilities that that seems impossible in the near future. However, FE10 does need more time in the spotlight. That’s why I’ve been showcasing my work on Daybreak on my Youtube channel. Mostly skills, but many new concepts will appear there as well. I hope this’ll get people more interested in RD and of course in Daybreak as well!

If you’re unfamiliar with Daybreak, here’s the trailer from 2022’s FEE3:

FEE3 2022: Radiant Dawn: Daybreak by ViciousSal - YouTube

So there’s a lot of stuff planned. And I will eventually be needing help with that as well, support writers and maybe even voice acting! Currently, I’ve primarily been working on the skill system, expanding the possible number of skills and creating new skills as well. This wasn’t just my doing, using Thane98’s Exalt script editor Dunal has coded quite a sizable piece of script data, whilst I was working on expanding skill data in the source code. After that I joined him and built new skills, learning from his work.

Currently, there are quite a few skills up on the channel already, here are some of my favourites!

Radiant Dawn AoE damage showcase - YouTube

Daybreak Skill Showcase: Quick Study - YouTube

Daybreak Skill Showcase: Reckless & Status weapons - YouTube

Daybreak Skill Showcase: Shelter - YouTube

Daybreak Skill Showcase: Fighting Dirty - YouTube

I’ll be showcasing quite a few more videos here and I hope you’ll enjoy them! Currently, I’m working on finishing up the skills section and expanding weapon effects. I’m also looking into unit selection voice clips (the “I am Ferdinand von Aegir!” stuff). The code is already functional, but adding new sounds is tougher than expected.
So as soon as I have that, I’ll be sure to let you know!

If you’ve got any questions regarding how the skills work, ask away!

That’s it for now, hopefully, I will have a patch for P1 available before 2024, but for now, I’ll keep you all in the loop with some quick videos!

Sal out!

23 Likes

Always nice to see some FE10 love. Was a good video from last year.

2 Likes

sweet!! love me some radiant dawn love

1 Like

Best game getting even better? Truly unbelievable. Good job!

2 Likes

Really excited for this. You’ve helped out a lot with Exalted as well right? Doing great work with FE10 hacking

1 Like

Thanks for all the kind words. Yes, I did help a lot with Exalted but that’s more of me and Dunal both sharing all developments we’ve made to be able to enhance both projects.

Speaking of developments: BIG NEWS

Voice acting is now possible! This is actually huge, because this is inserting NEW audio instead of replacing existing audio. I asked for help in the smash community, MK Wii, Wii tanks, Wii sports, Wii music. All replace music instead of adding.
So yeah, big big deal. It does not impede on existing audio at all.

So now to start creating voice clips for all units!

11 Likes

And a tutorial on how to!

3 Likes

Had a few new fun things to add:

The Freeze staff makes its debut!

And what are you opinions one using ambush spawns this way?

3 Likes

Teleports behind you

2 Likes

Might be useful, I streamed a bit talking about Paragon’s utilities for FE10.

3 Likes

Had a great time watching this! Thank you so much for doing this so far. :pray:

A new skill joins the party! Based on Vesly’s Dark Bargain skill in the FE8 Skill system:

Probably going to add a bit on top; When he becomes T3 (this version is slate for T2 even though he is T3 in the video) it will become more lenient and probably will go to just EXP = Hp instead of Exp /2 = HP

5 Likes

I made an Escape Room in Radiant Dawn chapter 1-3, and I’d love it if you’d check it out! Even better, if you’re interested, please upload your attempt to YouTube so I can see how everyone tackles the Escape room!
If you’re more interested in watching others struggle, I also had four fire emblem players try their hand at the escape room in this YouTube video:

But if you’re planning on playing yourself, I highly recommend doing that before spoiling yourself by watching! You can find a link to my discord in the YT video, and in the discord you’ll have access to all the resources you need to play it yourself!

2 Likes

Some fancy new animations!

2 Likes