FE1 Ballistafest

One day back in December 2018, I thought to myself: “What if everyone in FE used ballistae instead?”
Due to that, I did an experiment. So here’s a quickly-made (as in the span of a night and an afternoon) hack of FE1 where all units except for Marth, Draug, Ogma, Barst, Hardin, Jeorge, Astram, fliers, magic users, dragons, generals, bosses, and playable thieves are now ballisticians. The catch? All playable units not recruited from enemies have retained their stats from the vanilla game. Shops and stats of certain characters and items have been altered to revolve around the ballista-infested game.

ChangelogBallisticians have 3 strength/7 defense instead of 5/14 to make the game beatable.
Armorslayer, Ridersbane, and Hammer are now effective against ballisticians instead.
Legendary weapons are indestructible to compensate for the increased difficulty.
Units who were originally ballisticians or promoted are now five levels higher.
Those enemies with special swords, or ridersbanes now have thunderbolts and drop the weapons they originally had.
All ballisticians in Chapter 13 now drop their ballistae.
Marth, Caeda, Draug, Ogma, Barst, Merric, Jake, and Beck all have increased growths.
Ballistae have lower might to balance the game.
Ballista assignments generally depend on the unit’s original weapons, although I might’ve missed a few:
Sword/Lance: Hoistflamme
Axe: Stonehoist
Bow: Arrowspate
Special Swords/Ridersbane/Hammer/Devil Weapons: Thunderbolt

Let me know if there’s anything I missed. Have fun! Here’s the link, patch it to a clean untranslated FE1 rom: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s8To4CiD3SDb-6VLD6qIlCfzcAoLSyXX/view?usp=share_link

5 Likes