FE, War of Secrets

This hack is absolutely wonderful! After playing this on stream, i will say that i have never looked forward to a hack as much as this one. The prologue and chapter 1 definitely need some work but after that, it becomes apparent that @ethanb2309 becomes much more proficient and the game just takes off. Aran is a bit overpowered but he should never be nerfed because he is the best unit to have ever been made and i am convinced he is the real hero of the story. I was absolutely astounded by the amount of progress that was made in such a short amount of time.

The Prologue needs some living up and the enemy count could be scaled down a bit (played on normal). it just seems a little too much for a prologue chapter and can definitely turn some people off. adding some terrain would help too just to give the map itself some more life would go a long way.

Chapter 1 though is super weak and the worst one of what has been completed. It really needs scaling down when it comes to the size and less units. it really detracts from the theme of needing to escape when you are basically forced to turtle for most of the map. It definitely works for a mid game map but so early, its a bit much.

For Chapter 2, the only thing is the Steel Longbow on the boss can crash the game if animations are on and he attacks from 3 range. adding a breakable wall or 2 would really help in shortening the play time as well which should be added in the previous two chapters. The mage corps should be scaled down to 3 including the named character especially if breakable walls wont be included because they basically kill every enemy on the map.

Chapter 3, not a whole lot. just the magic corp could be scaled back and maybe making enemies a bit more dangerous with effective weaponry or stronger weapons in general. especially to our lord and savior Aran, hallowed be His name. (please never nerf Aran, he is perfect the way he is and i will riot in the streets if anything happens to him).

Chapter 4 was really well done before the game crashed.

no matter what happens, keep it up! this hack is really shaping up to be one of the best out there especially if it gets cleaned up a bit grammatically and the first couple of chapters get revamped. I am really really looking forward to the rest of this hack!

Yes I ran into chapter 2 boss glitch too
aran had some insane base stats, and the other fighter just get totally outshined even if he have better growths
(chapter 3, talking aran to the merc npc will pop out wrong convers, and dunno how to recruit the merc)
some weapons have weird description
and why does wind cost so cheap… it’s a brave weapon after all

I’ll see about fixing the steel longbow, I’ll also consider changing growths for Aran. I don’t know what the glitch is considering the talk conversation as I did test it. I will also re-design the first few chapters so it’s more friendly.

so the merc you have to talk with Aaron but the Aran appears in the conversation instead. i think it just linked to the wrong brother.

Aran is perfect the way he is

1 Like

UPDATE 03/03
Here’s some new characters, who’s side do you think they’re on?

1 Like

UPDATE 06/03
Here’s some new characters!