FE: The Mythgraven (Working Title)

Working title, subject to change :stuck_out_tongue:

Not in a state I’d call playable as of yet, still roughing out story and whatnot,
but far enough I wanted to at least post screens. Have more lore than story
at current… So yeah. Going to try and utilize the guide menu for those who
might be interested, though I don’t plan on heavily referencing it in the story
proper. It will hopefully have relevant information to those wanting a deeper
dive, I hope. If all goes as planned…

I hope to update with like in progress builds when the early chapters
actually have some balance and polish, at least. All that said, progress
has been, and will probably remain pretty slow.

Anyway:
The Mythgraven 01 27 2021 A.emulator-19 The Mythgraven 01 27 2021 A.emulator-8
The Mythgraven 01 27 2021 A.emulator-16 The Mythgraven 01 27 2021 A.emulator-15
The Mythgraven 01 28 2021 A-0 The Mythgraven 01 27 2021 A.emulator-6

8 Likes

Idk what to say, but for he screenshots It looks good

1 Like

Writing looks decent. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Im excited for this thing, I hope this will be out soon (no pressure HAHA😅)

Just a quick update:

Work’s been kicking my butt lately (11-12h shifts lately cause OT is needed) so progress is slower than I had expected, still trucking though. Spent more time making some FFXI tracks work than anything else of late because of the overtime. Has been a huge pain and time sink trying to get the instruments right and figuring out which tracks can be removed while still having it sound right (some have more than 24 tracks, and many won’t work because of it.). I need to spend more time writing/eventing lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope to get a build with the first 4 or 5 chapters out at least to get some feedback in the next couple months. Anyway, here’s an example of the music:

PS: Happy Easter! :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t believe this has been made into FE8…any other inspired FFXI tracks to possibly make it? Sanctuary of Zi’Tah Heavens Tower?

They’re direct from the PS2 sound files (can’t get midis from the PC version .dat files to my knowledge). I never managed to get VGMTrans to work myself, but I managed to find a download from someone who went through the trouble of doing it all for FFXI (credit in video description). The midi instruments are all wrong since the game uses a certain soundfont, and a lot of the tracks can be several octaves too high or too low. Kind of a pain, but worth it!

So far I’ve been able to get quite a few which will work fine in FEGBA. Zi’tah sadly has 32 tracks, so without significant work will be impossible (was the first song I wanted to use…). Selbina is missing a key track as well for some reason, which made me sad.

Got quite a few going. Just off the top of my head, I’ve done: Battle Theme 2, Battle in the Dungeon 2, Hume Male, Mhaura, Repression, The Grand Duchy of Jeuno, Ru’lude Gardens, A New Horizon, Whispers of the Gods, Vana’diel March 2, Rolanberry Fields.

1 Like

Seeing the names of those tracks give me an overly nostalgic vibe.