FE Inheritance (Full FE8 ROM hack) release

Currently playing on Normal Mode. So far, it’s been going pretty well.

Spoilers

Though the enemy spamming, especially with the enemy reinforcements, in that one chapter where you recruit Markus and his group as they are trying to escape might be a bit too much tbh. Way too many enemy officer units and mounted units, and was forced to resort to save state abuse and rng abuse just to get everything while trying to beat that one chapter.

Spoilers

After the “2 actions per turn” phase you are supposed to flee from the enemies, not fighting them, I mean… you can fight them if you have strong units, but the default option should be to flee.
The chapter is intended to go this way: you rush for the green units the first 5 turns, then you retreat to the starting point.
Of course you are not forced to do it that way, because I don’t like to impose anything and you are rewarded if you fight and kill the enemies… but to get a reward you have to risk, that’s how things goes.

How did you played it? Do you think we should make someone say that retreating is the best option like in chapter 9?

Spoiler

Yeah, except that there were a couple of enemy units with some stat boosters, especially that one sage boss that doesn’t move having the boots. So, I kinda have to not retreat from that area just to ensure I was able to steal those stuff before the end of the chapter.
Also, by the time I get to the four green units and recruited them all, I already have to deal with the Pegasus Knight and Wyvern Rider reinforcements groups, which already makes retreating even more problematic. Had to leave behind everyone who weren’t covering the back to deal with those two groups.

I usually place a lot of rewards like statboosters or master seals, but usually It’s really hard to get them all.
I don’t expect you to get all of them, the boots for example are really hard to obtain.
If you manage to do it, good for you but as I said, everything comes with a risk.
If it was me playing, I would probably trade a unit life for those boots.

Getting everything in the chapter is supposed to be really hard, of course the game is balanced on the idea that you will not obtain everything.

Do you think stating this in the main post might help?
Or do you think that even without going for all the rewards the chapter would still be too hard?

Spoiler

Alright then, though that still leaves the problem with the four green units, which would still make it pretty hard to retreat either way, considering how close the Pegasus Knight reinforcement squad are to those four.

Well you are supposed to kill the pegs and then flee.
I can always lower enemy spawns in normal mode, but I’m not fully convinced about this, so I’ll wait for more feedback.

Thank you for sharing your opinions, if you ever think something else is unbalanced tell us please.

Alright. Though I think I stumble upon one just now, and it’s a lot in just one turn.

Spoiler

Pretty much all of the reinforcements unit’s equipments and ranks on Turn 15 in Chapter 14. For some odd reason, while the Sniper enemies have bows they cannot use whatsoever cause of their bow rank being very low. All of the enemy reinforcement units have access to equipments they aren’t supposed to be using whatsoever.

The Snipers in question.

Behind the text box are light and staves.

Same with this one
And neither one are supposed to have access to a majority of those equipments.

He has access to bows for some odd reason.

The Officer Ranger having access to Spears and Axes.

Axe Cav having access to bows and spears, and somehow having a steel lance instead of a steel axe.

Paladin having access to Axes and Bows

The thing about enemy units having access to more weapons than they should has been made so that we don’t have to create a different type of unit for each class (because there a re multiple “types of units”, the base one, the “elites”, the “Gabe’s”) because the space for units is limited. Of course you won’t ever find a unit with weapons he shouldn’t be able to use. I think this was the main reason, if Vivider has something more to say he’ll correct me.

Alright, but that’s pretty jarring to see, since they don’t even have any skills or something that states them having access to more than just the weapons they have access to by default.

The best thing would be to hide weapon ranks to generic units but I don’t know if it’s possible.

Btw that sniper should be able to use that bow, I’ll increase his bow rank, thanks for reporting.
(Those reinforcement are supposed to force you to seize).

Yeah…only ones that actually hid weapon ranks for the GBA games was FE 6. But sadly, I have no idea about hacking, so I have no idea if that is possible to hide enemy weapon ranks for FE 7 or FE 8 either.

Summary

Btw, it’s pretty much every sniper reinforcements there that are like that, so pretty much all four of them.

Though if you did found out how to hide those weapon ranks, that one Axe Cav should either have his Steel Lance switched to a Steel Axe or probably have his class changed to a Lance Cav instead.

Oh wait, I didn’t notice, that is a mistake too

Spoilers

So up to chapter 16, and I encountered two problems already, one related to the chapter itself and one related to a certain class.
Chapter 16:
So about the gimmick of the chapter, where it turns on the Fog of War and turns off the fire tiles, and then turns off the Fog of War and turns on the fire tiles, I encountered a problem with the creatures and enemy spawns. When Fog of War gets turned on the first time, I encountered a glitch where all the creatures that were still alive and in vision and the creatures that spawned, for some reason, have their map sprites turned into Arch Mogall for some odd reason. And there was one time where a map sprite of a Ritualist next to that one Ritualist boss (the one at the left of your party’s starting position) on the cliff, yet there was nothing there despite there being a Ritualist next to said boss. After that, it never happened again, but that one was one weird glitch.

Rogue:
So about the prepromotes, while everyone who are in promoted class starts at level 15 after promotion and can reach to level 30 promoted, for some reason, Rogues are not able to reach past level 21.

Spoilers

So up to chapter 16, and I encountered two problems already, one related to the chapter itself and one related to a certain class.
Chapter 16:
So about the gimmick of the chapter, where it turns on the Fog of War and turns off the fire tiles, and then turns off the Fog of War and turns on the fire tiles, I encountered a problem with the creatures and enemy spawns. When Fog of War gets turned on the first time, I encountered a glitch where all the creatures that were still alive and in vision and the creatures that spawned, for some reason, have their map sprites turned into Arch Mogall for some odd reason. And there was one time where a map sprite of a Ritualist next to that one Ritualist boss (the one at the left of your party’s starting position) on the cliff, yet there was nothing there despite there being a Ritualist next to said boss. After that, it never happened again, but that one was one weird glitch.
[/quote]

Wtf never seen something like this in this chapter. Please send the sav next time. Did you make a savestate?

I’ll work on a fix for the thief, It will not take long.

Spoilers, fix

Ok, this is the new patch: https://mega.nz/file/3YY0FahY#xfZKFVbVtVKwQZVh5CsP8GhpZqAME92HpFjT7L6ovPU

The main new thing is the “change difficulty event”.
I made this special version where, in that event, I change the xp of the thief to let her level up more.
Please don’t eliminate your actual.sav and your actual .gba, Bugs may happens in the new patch, so… it’s better to have a backup of your saves.

To activate the event hold SELECT after the chapter title is shown, then answer no to everything, and the thief should be fixed.

If I explained bad and something is unclear or you have problems, tell me.

(About the other glitch btw, It should be fixed if you suspend and resume the chapter, it usually work for those kind of stuff).

Remember to send me your .sav please.

Alright. I’ll send it to you tomorrow. Getting pretty late now, and I have to redo that run in a different save just to get that glitch to pop up again.
Though I have no idea what caused that one unit to pop up despite it not being there in the game.

Thanks.
Also, normal mode was not fully tested, it was like a “last minute addition”.
I received a report about a boss being far stronger than intended (far stronger than in hard mode), if you see anything like that please tell me.

The boss of chapter 1 is not intended to be that strong.

Really?

Thinking about it, I did found a couple of bosses and officers who were very tough to damage and/or hit while I was playing through the game. Just that I forgot who those bosses and officers were.

Spoiler

One that I do remember well was Mad Eyes in Chapter 14. I kinda found him to be very rng reliant mainly cause of very, very few units were able to land a hit on him. Almost everyone had hit rates of 20 to 60 against him, even after baiting him to use his 1 range weapon. Only ones that could reliably land who were not Dietwald were the first recruitable archer who I overused, Leeroy and I think the recruitable troubadour and Eiko. Not sure if he was nowhere near as rng reliant in Hard Mode as he was in Normal Mode.

Things

I almost never put bosses on gates because of that.
He is kinda ok because you have Wald, so if he does not oneshot him, you just need 1 more hit to finish him off, but I don’t like the concept of the boss on the gate waiting to be slaughtered by the enemy army.

I think the summoners in chapter 16 and 17 might have broken stats too, I’ll fix that later and we will release an update today (I have to check every map in normal mode).