FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I don’t, unfort. I’d love to learn, however. I know like any coding language that it takes time, so for now I’m gonna work without the skills patch.

Speaking of which, it seems like movement, con, and minus stats need to be edited too. They don’t seem to work properly, unless I’m doing something wrong.

EDIT: It seems like Movement and Con only increases speed. I made a hold item that increases all stats by 2 and luck by 3, but movement and con are supposed to be set to 1. Instead, I got 7 speed.
emulator_01

Sorry for double posting, but you know the screen shot above? It seems like the speed gets increased by 7 no matter what. I even tried lowering the move and con back to zero and it doesn’t change. I feel like I’m missing something here. I’ll add more info If I need to.

I think passiv booster for movement and con can not be specified.
Also, if you have any questions on the remodeled content, please send report 7z.
https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guide:febuildergba:report7z

1 Like

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong here? I’m trying to make it so Novala pursues the player if his HP is above 22 (as usual, that’s AI:0x0,AI2:0x0), but will move to a certain coordinate if it isn’t. Both of the AIs work on their own, so that isn’t the problem. The problem is that it doesn’t switch between the two.

It is not 22, This is 0x22 (34).
The one with 0x is a hexadecimal number.
be careful.

If this does not work,
I’d like to check the code, please send report 7z.

Also, you have not written “else district”.
When BGE is established, a red line is executed.
If it does not hold, the green line will be executed.

Either way, AI 0x0 0x0 is finally executed.
In this case, there is no meaning of the conditional expression.

If you write your code in C style, it becomes as follows.
ai will be 0x0 in either case.
This is meaningless.

if (hp >= 0x22)
{
	ai = 0x3
}
ai = 0x0

I made the changes you suggested:

zzzzzzzzledwae

I also had to change the AI1:0x3, AI2:0x18 to AI1:0x6, AI2:0x18 (from “Chance of action 100%, attack only when adjacent” to “Do not act (AI=2 Move only) Other”) instead since this was an error on my part to where Novala wouldn’t disengage from attacking and retreat as according to that CHAI.

But it works perfectly now! Thank you, 7743! And thank you for your awesome creation tools.

https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-gaiden-style-magic-menu/3998Hi,great missionary ,can you make this patch adjust to fe8j,or just put that on FE_Builder_GBA.
I even cant put it on fe8u.

1 Like

Please wait.
Since this patch is implemented by PointerList, it can not cope with the existing patch function.
Therefore, it is necessary to create a new patch routine or create a special screen.

Also, since this patch is huge, transplanting to FE8J will take a very long time.
Either way it can not be realized immediately.
We need time.

1 Like

It is also not complete yet. I’ve added many features and fixes since the version that was released in that topic.

I will let you know when the FE8U version is done so that we don’t waste time adapting an incomplete version.

2 Likes

I see.
thank you for contacting.

please contact me once it is completed.

1 Like

Not sure if this has been asked already but how does enemy AI tab in Unit placer work

What do you mean by that? Do you mean how do the Primary AI, Secondary, Target and Retreat AIs work?

All of them really. What do they do and how are they prioritized. aside form recovery mode I don’t get them.

I assume you’re hacking in FE8 based on your other thread, which is good 'cause the localization in the other games for the AIs is still dicey.

But here are some of the more common ones:

Untitledz

^ Choosing this combination creates a “Stationary” AI. The enemy unit will not move, but will attack anyone who moves in their weapon range.

Untitledzz

^ This creates a “Pursuit” AI. The enemy unit will follow the player’s units all over the map to attack them.

Untitledzzz

^ A “Guard” AI. The enemy unit will move to attack your units if they get in range, but will NOT move toward them if they move out of their movement/weapon range.

I have no idea what the differences are between the Target AIs. They’re defined like this, but I’m not sure what many of these subsections do. The community could improve the localization here, too, eventually. I assume a higher number means a higher priority. Most units seem to use a 00 or 08 Target AI so those are safe bets.

Untitledzzzz

I’d suggest checking the enemy units on the maps already. That will give you and idea of how they behave, for things like Thieves/Pirates etc.

2 Likes

Much appreciated

1 Like

Questions(yay):

1. Where is the chapter event at the beginning? The one between Seth and Erika where he gives her a rapier.
  2. How do I make before chapter cut scenes that take place outside the current map?
  3. How do i remove the mini map. I want a linear campaign like Fe7 but I’m using Fe8?
  4. How do I make NPC AI seek out a character that isn’t the lord(Erika)?
  5. How would I make a new Triangle attack with different classes? Would I use EA?

Where is the chapter event at the beginning? The one between Seth and Erika where he gives her a rapier.

I think that I answered this question many times…

Please press the F5 key, activate the emulator, and advance the game.
And please watch the event displayed when you got rapier.
Double click on the list to jump to that.

How do I make before chapter cut scenes that take place outside the current map?

It is the same as the previous answer.
Please advance the game and watch the event.

How do i remove the mini map. I want a linear campaign like Fe7 but I’m using Fe8?

What is a mini map?
Is it displayed when press the start button?

Currently, I think there are no patches to erase it.
Please let me know if there is any.

If It do not have a patch you need to investigate yourself.
Please investigate with no$gba debugger.

How do I make NPC AI seek out a character that isn’t the lord(Erika)?

There is a place to write the script of AI in the detail menu.
However, AI’s script has a unique habit, so it is better for beginners to stop doing it.

If you really want to do it, try backing up before trying.

How would I make a new Triangle attack with different classes? Would I use EA?

Please enable flags for triangle with Ability of class or unit.
GBAFE has two triangles, Pegasus and Armor.

At this time, if you do not set the palette of the unit, the palette will not be displayed correctly.
However, because I does not use the function of triangle attack, there may be some restriction.

2 Likes

Thank you and sorry for being repetitive. I incorrectly said mini map what meant was walking around the world map but I found the patch for that.

1 Like

How would I go about creating a visit village event where if a specific unit visits, an ally is recruited, but if any other unit visits, an item is received instead? Sorry if this has already been answered, I looked an couldnt find any answers to my questions

It is necessary to write a conditional expression.
Please look at the event of ch2 left village.

when Unit ID: 0x01 Eirika visit, and in other cases, the event branches.

1 Like