FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

FEBuilderGBA also supports fan translation using tbl.
FE6U (English translation version you are using).
FE6CN(Chinese translation.)
FE7CN(Chinese translation.)
FE8CN(Chinese translation.)

2 Likes

nice man please make tutorial because a lot of people do not know how to mess with it and I include myself in these people who like this system most do not know how to use

Is not it enough with the help that is currently available?
http://ngmansion.xyz/wiki/hackfe/index.php?解説/FEBuilderGBA#d4e82ff4

What do you want to know?

1 Like

markyjoe made a video tutorial

it’s right in the OP

I want to know how I do to skill editor in the game how to add or remove skill of the class I downloaded the skill patch but I do not know how to edit it

Here is the range fix patch from before,but according to the description, has the source code. It’s made by StanH

Don’t know if this link will get you to the right place, but here is where I got the link from, in post 17

Once you apply the skill system patch, go to the Advanced Editors menu. There should be three buttons: “Skill config”, “Assign skill by Unit”, and “Assign skill by Class”.

Since ver 20180310.2 added a new function, if you have problems, please let me know with the ups file.

Support for import / export of special animation exceeding 16 colors

I have made it possible to import / export animations exceeding 16 colors such as varistas (arch) and transformation.

However, since these are special routines and additional palettes are assigned (OBP-A),
Even if you try to exceed 16 colors with other animation, it does not work well.
It is a special animation limited function.

Optimization when re-securing data expanded at the end

It is difficult to convey well.
If you extend the table and resize the last placed data,
When the data is at the rom end, I just coped with by incrementing ROM capacity without moving it.
You can save a little ROM capacity.

Hey 7743,

I was wondering if there was a patch for extending unit standing map sprites past 7F? Expanding to 80 and onward causes some visual glitches.

Many thanks and keep up the awesome work!

Are you talking about Map Hover Animation?

Map Hover Animation uses the value of ClassID.
You can NOT change this.
This is the specification of FE.

For example.
Eirika’s ClassID is 0x02.
In this case, Map Hover Animation with ID:0x2 is used.

No, 7743, I think he means extending the map sprites to 0xFF for 255 map sprite slots. It seems that some glitches appear when he does it.

@Yami do you have any images of the visual glitches?

Almost. I’m speaking of the idle sprite animations, not the walking ones.
I have a custom sprite on 80 set up correctly with the class but it shows the male Lord sprite in game. Before 80 works fine. 80 and onward displays the wrong class.

1 Like

If I had to guess, and that’s all I can do, it isn’t updating pointers correctly when the map sprite data is expanded. What happens if you do a map sprite at 0x81, 82, etc? I think it’s rolling around from 0x01, 0x02, etc.

Think you’re right. It goes to female Lord afterwards and just cycles through the classes.

1 Like

Good catch. That’s definitely a FEbuilder bug. It’s inserting the images into the rom correctly, but just not calling them in the correct order.

You mean it’s a game bug, not FEBuilder

The 0x80 bit gets shaved off when getting the map sprite id, so it rolls back to 0, 1, 2, 3

there was a thread for fixing this if I remember correctly

Found it:

Precisely:

this post.

1 Like

I see.
Thank you for telling me the patch >> Kirb.

It corresponded with ver 20180310.07.
After updating, apply “Extended to Moving Map Animation 0xFF” Patch.

Quick work! Thanks Kirb and 7743. The patch has made it so the correct sprite shows, but it is not animated. It’s a minor issue, but worth pointing out.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure the solution in that thread was perfect. I ran into some odd map sprite bugs while using it where standing sprites would turn into different classes. It also had an issue with not allowing you to display the full 255 standing sprites, but that wasn’t an issue at the time since there weren’t enough custom standing sprites in the community to reach that number back then.

2 Likes

It seems necessary to change it other than this address.
Even for this address, I did not notice that the discussion continued.

0x26A52:0x00 0x20

I fixed the patch.
Please update to ver 20180310.09.

Then adapt this patch again.