FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Goodness, that’s one hell of a file extension.

1 Like

This problem was fixed in the latest version (Ver 20190103.16).
Please update FEBuilderGBA and try again.

Part of your backup file is broken.
It seems that the patch uninstaller caused an error.

1 Like

Deaths are recorded in the status flag of the unit.
Therefore, by turning off the status flag, you can restore the dead.

To change the status flag, use the UNCM / UNCR instruction.
Since this instruction does not exist in FE 8, please be able to adapt Tequila’s patch so that you can issue instructions.

NAME=FE8-Set Condition(UNCM命令をFE8に実装する)
NAME.en=Add Event: Set Unit State Conditions (UNCM)
NAME.zh=FE8-Set Condition(在FE 8上实施UNCM指令)

When this patch is applied, UNCM / UNCR is added to the event instruction.
To turn on the status flag, use the UNCM instruction.
To turn OFF the status flag, use the UNCR instruction.

This time, since the death flag is turned off, use the UNCR instruction.
Please issue the UNCR at the start event to turn off the death of Merlinus.
Then, even if Merlinus is dead, you can cancel the death.

1 Like

Thank you for the help!

I found an oversight in the patch “Stat Bar Max Length” {U} - currently it only changes the addresses 0x87132 and 0x87142. It needs to change 0x870FE and 0x87102 also.

870FE and 87102 are used in calculating whether the boosted stat bar should be drawn. It doesn’t cause a problem for positive boosts, so the issue isn’t obvious from using the patch alone.

But, when I adapted a Negative Stat Boosts hack, the bar length over 30 was drawn as negative because it was comparing to the old limit of 30 and underflowing. Since Negative Stat Boosts is included in the skill system, this problem would happen if both patches are used together.

I was wondering - is it possible for you to add a patch to edit the Aid formulas? I know it’s doable for mounted aid, as it’s done here, but a way to easily edit it could be helpful on occasion.

The reply was delayed.
I fixed it with the latest version.

ADDRESS=0x87132 0x87142 0x870FE 0x87102

I have fixed other series of patches.

1 Like

This content is what Teq prepares as a teaching material.
So, why do not you try doing it yourself with reference to the contents written here?

In FEBuilderGBA, I think that it can be added by Menu -> Open -> Event Assembler.

If you can pack this in a patch format please send it to me.

In FEBuilderGBA, we have prepared patches that make AID same for men and women.

NAME=騎馬系の救出値男女で同じ
NAME.en=Toggle Gender-Neutral Cavalry Rescue
NAME.zh=骑兵系统的救援男性和女性都一样
1 Like

Got it, I’ll see if I can pull it off.

Why isn’t it possible to copy the data of one shop into another / have them run off the same table? It’s hella annoying having to retool every shop’s inventory one by one.

This is a standard feature, just copypaste the Items Sold pointer.

wow i didn’t know that thanks

Excuse me, but is there some way to “reorder” the colors of a portrait’s palette? I’m trying to insert two portraits of the same character to express mood changes and even used the trick of painting the palette on the top right corner of each picture. However, FEBuilderGBA seems to neglect that trick.

The best way is to use an external program like Usenti to manually edit the palette order.

I tried that before, with no avail.

did you save the image with the new palette order as a new image?

Yes. I’ve been through this problem before. The way I got around it last time was copying-pasting the same palette on the top-right corner of each picture, then inserting them through FEditor. However, since I’m now using FEBuilder, FEditor acts like it doesn’t want to cooperate.

why are you using feeditor and febuilder in conjunction?

I’m not. This is a new project for me. I’m trying to say that FEditor allowed me to make the fix. FEBuilder, at the moment, does not, and even if I wanted to, FEditor won’t work with me on this now.

are you able to post the two mugs?