FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I’m using 20180430.00
I’ll try to reinstall it again. (I just installed it 4 days ago :stuck_out_tongue: )

Ah, ok. That’s understandable.

may l can let tool and arms to only one to character use?(eirika’s rapier)

Yes. You can assign weapons to certain “locks” in addition, adding a rank to the weapon under the lock (Let’s say the PRF Lance has E rank and is in Eirika’s Lock) than only characters with that Rank AND the lock can use it. Letting you make many extra PRFs. I think that you can assign PRFs in the item editor

Thank. But it seems that Eirika can also be used. Is there a way that everyone can set up exclusive weapons?

@qps Check the information here for more about making weapon locks.

In ver 20180430.22, there was a problem of crashing when opening the wrong ROM setting of map change plist.
This problem was fixed in Version: 20180504.23.

I’m hacking Fire Emblem 8 now, and I can’t figure out how to access the Storage / Transport early. I’m calling the Preparation screen on Chapter 2. But it says storage is full 200/200 (I already applied the patch to break caps over 31).

Also can you make the game have mulitple main characters (like FE7) so if one of them dies it’s game over?

The phenomenon is caused by wrong item data being written to the address of the transporter.
For example, if data such as 0xff is written, there are items that do “not exist item” in the transporter.

Have you adapted breaksave patch and recreated saved data when it exceeds status 31?
Since it becomes incompatible with the existing saved data, it is necessary to erase it and recreate it.

Do you adapt SkillSystems?
There was a time when SkillSystems was in conflict with the extended transporter address.
In order to avoid this, I move the address considerably behind the address of the extended transporter.

In the version after February 18, 2018/02, if break save patch is applied, the transporter is placed at the following address.
Name:Status 31 limit break_save
ver:FE8U
Area:0x0203B200-0x0203B38F(400bytes)

Please check if other patches you installed will not break this area.

If there are no items in the transporter, this area should be filled with 0x00 0x00.
When items are put in the transporter, 2 bytes of information of byte ItemID, Count is written.

Also can you make the game have mulitple main characters (like FE7) so if one of them dies it’s game over?

Since FE 8 has a switch between Eirika and Ephraim parties, I think that it can be realized if two hero.
Of course, It can not do it easily.

For example, with a midori(green) patch, an event that refers to one party occurs halfway.

If you want to have three or more heroes, considerably large scale remodeling is necessary.

Either way, you’ll need to write asm code.

Yeah you were right about a clean restart that worked perfectly. Another question, in the reply how did you bring up that menu about ram and memory? I couldn’t seem to find it and I don’t think HxD has it, but I don’t use that program anyway.

This is a display of memory using the function of VBA-M.

Even FEBuilderGBA can dump RAM.
To more analyze FE, there is software such as no$gba-debugger.

However, since VBA-M is easier to understand,
I explained to you in VBA-M.

You can also just let their (the main char’s) death quote trigger event 65. That’s the Game Over event. So you don’t have to write complicated asm. But you prolly know this already.

Hi guys, is there any way to change moving sounds for certain classes?
I expanded the class table and made a custom cavalier class.
For some reason, it uses the Eliwood Lord class moving sounds.
Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi guys, I found a spell problem.
spells are aligned to the screen. but the enemy position on screen changes between melee and range. (I tested it in two spell patches)

Is there any way to solve it?

In case of FE 7, the moving sound (footsteps) is hard-coded in the program.
You need to fix asm.

In the case of FE 8, it is an implementation with a switch statement, so there is a possibility to extend the table.
Expansion of classes causes problems only.
If possible, please do not extend the class.

I do not know the way.
Since CSACreator has its own thread, I think that you should ask a question there.

I also want to know the answer.

How do I edit the contents of a treasure chest?

How do you give a specific character a special promotion. I’m giving my Jagen the ability to turn to a Falcon Knight about halfway through the game, giving her increased stats and putting her on par with a normal unit. Unfortunately, the only way I found to do this is by adding Paladin to an existing promotion item and refusing to use the item (in this case an Elysian Whip) on any of my other Paladins

What you could do is create a new class internally that is identical to the Paladin class, and just have that promote into a Falcon Knight.

I guess that works