FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I see, thank you both for your time and help! I’ll definitely try my best to avoid a repeat issue haha

1 Like

I continue to encounter roadblocks with fe6, this time, the world map
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/131ceM4WABp_Wk9m3UShWThQMhiYrvqS3?usp=sharing

Just changing the vanilla world map does not cause the problem.
Comparing it to your ROM, the events that are running seem to be quite different.
Did you delete any events?

Your ROM

amber shield saga.backup.20210220193249.ups
I imported the worldmap image into the last correctly working ups that was attached to report7z and it worked correctly.
Perhaps you have broken something else.
I think you should go back to the last correctly working backup.

Alright thanks I’ll try that

How would I go about changing the requirement for doing a gaiden chapter? In FE6 for example, to access Chapter 8x, Lilina must survive in Chapter 8. To access Chapter 12x, Chapter 12 must be completed in 20 turns or less, etc etc.

Edit: I just want to make small changes, like raise or lower the turn number requirement, or change the person required to survive to someone else.

I think I answered the same question a few times recently.
Up to FE7,6 you can basically write a function in ASM that returns a bool value, and then use the GOTO_IFAF instruction to branch.
If the branch is only for flags, the GOTO_IFET instruction can be used.
Since FE8, memory slots are now available, and functions that return bool values can be expressed in ASM using only event instructions.
This is one of the reasons why FE8 is recommended.

However, I think that unit survival and excess turns can also be expressed using only flags.
I think it’s possible to replace the branching with flags by using global flags in the death quote, or flags when the number of turns is exceeded in the turn cond.
However, if you want to create a complex branch in FE7 or FE6, I think you should be able to create ASM functions by yourself.
If you find this difficult, please use FE8.

ch 8 branch

2 Likes

Thank you for the help! I’m sorry to be posting so often for questions, but I ran into another issue. In my FE6 rom hack, the game soft locks at the beginning cutscene for Chapter 8. Is there a way for me to remove this cutscene entirely, so that when you finish at the battle preparations screen and press start, it instantly goes to game play and not play a cutscene?

When it comes to freezes, I can’t answer without looking at the data.
Please send report7z.
Don’t forget to attach the save data just before the freeze.

I did not edit the palette… What happened

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/131ceM4WABp_Wk9m3UShWThQMhiYrvqS3?usp=sharing
Pay no attention to the battle sprite it’s fae’s default palette that has not been edited it’s the arrow that’s weird

Do you have a backup before the pallet breaks?
If you have that backup, please send the “ups”.

I’m having trouble comparing it because I erased the report7z that you sent 6 days ago and your goolge drive doesn’t have the old files either.

Hi all, just looking for some advice. I have a hack that’s very nearly ready to go, I just need to get rid of the world map events that are in the base game, it’s FE8. If anyone would know where I go for this I’d really appreciate the assistance. :slight_smile:

“World Map Events” is under advanced editors. Or, if you want to remove the world map entirely, use MNC2 to go from chapter to chapter.

I found one from my old reports It is in the same folder

Thank you for the file.
Unfortunately, I had a similar problem with this version.
I need an older backup that doesn’t cause this issue.

probably , I need a backup just before you change the palette.

If you haven’t erased your old backups, start the diff debug tool and you should see the files in chronological order.
MENU->Tools->Diff Debug Tool

Note:
Don’t worry about having 2020 files.
I didn’t know the time of the ups I got from you earlier, so I just registered this as a backup a year ago.

The first thing we have to do is find the last backup that doesn’t cause this bug.

Hi,

I was wondering if the devs had any intention of improving the FE6 patches. Indeed, there is a major lack of ressources concerning FE6, even for pure conveniance patches like max level per class rather than global, Tellius canto, str/skl/con affecting weapon weight or simply removing it altogetherthis kind of patches that could make a hackrom all the more “hack” rather than just class adjustment patch and charcter balance patch.

There are plenty of these patches for FE8, some for FE7 and about none for FE6, so I’d like to know if this was in project or not at all (kind of sick of making all my hackroms based on FE8 that seriously lacks playable characters so if in the future there are improvements coming for FE6 I’d be happy to know it, since FE7 is kind of messy to mod due to route split, more classes, no female hero in OG…and FE8 is kinda boring after the 150th time).

Nope. 7743 is the only dev for FEBuilderGBA (and he’s done an amazing job).

Patches are asm hacks made by members of the community here on their various asm threads and compiled by 7743, and many of them are by 7743 himself. The only reason to make patches for fe6 is for rebalances.

Fe8 has more features by default and should be used for custom games. You can use up to 50 simultaneous party members by default which is plenty. It is going to be way way easier to port over the things you want in fe8 than to port over asm hacks. If your issue is you want to only make rebalances of fe6 and fe7, well sorry, you’d have to learn the asm yourself.

1 Like

I don’t understand everything but I guess I’ve gotten the main point. I don’t know what asm means.

So you mean that I should be able to use 50 PC in FE8 by default? because I think I’ve read or experimented something in the past with too many characters or smth like that, I don’t remember exactly how to implement a new unit, make new supports etc. (although RD is quite evasive on the support system).

Well, the main difficulty is doing all the mapping and adding/deleting chapters, script editing etc.
I’ve started a RD port on FE8 with all the patches I’ve found useful to reproduce and improve player experience. It’s tricky since I’m porting p1-2 and trying to have some way to split my army for that the way RD did it, and then gather everyone for a p3 against Beignon (less characters than in RD since most join Ike), with only 2 tiers. So FE8 with its small maps and permanent changes of PoV in cutscenes is kinda ass to go from. In FE6 I could have done it in an easier way since the game is longer to include all the characters and generally it feels less redundant to me. FE6 has many maps although objectives are kinda all the same.

Anyway I guess I’ll just use the FE6 portraits alongside FE8’s to have a better range of portraits to pick from and remake all the maps from FE10 p1-2 + new maps to go toward a conclusion.

FE8 editing takes sooo long (too many classes FFS intelligent systems)…at least it doesn’t have 70 playable units to manage and modify I guess.

Well, no one said it would be easy :sweat_smile:
I guess there’s a reason why most hacks have way less content than main games, even though most people would love to make an awesome 30 chapter hack.

Assembly language (asm) is how we edit the internal code of the game. You can edit some things using Event Assembler and/or FEBuilder, but many things need some familiarity with asm.

Thanks for the answer. Yeah I guess one day I’ll have to seriously put time into learning all that or make a real project on SRPG Maker (I find their tutorials lacking to be honest, last time I tried to use it I couldn’t make a real chapter because I lacked information about how to program some things, which is sad for the price they sell it for).

1 Like

I added a .ups from early last month that should work the difference should be noticeable when you load up a chapter and look at the tile cursor