FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Weapon item descriptions can only be written in one line.
This is the GBAFE specification.

Also, your game has a broken TileChange on the door.

I have fixed the data in this chapter.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470029781795078175/735692521547497572/Nocturne_-_The_Farldrom_civil_war.PATCH.20200723115146.7z

The FE6 and FE7 designs were prepared by me yesterday.
You can check it by updating.

1 Like

Ooooh, excellent! I’ll check to see what you’ve changed!

Edit:

FE6 looks pretty good, though there is a lot of empty space. I could improve it a bit with minimal changes.

FE7 is about the same. I really like the Character Editors for both games the most.

I see a little room for improvement, but I’ll hold off for a while. These are quite good as they are right now!

I’m not sure if this is just a problem on my computer, but when I open the .exe file, it refuses to translate into English. What can I do to fix it?

Are you using the latest version?
https://github.com/FEBuilderGBA/FEBuilderGBA/releases/tag/ver_20200723.21

There is also an installer.

So, I was told to ask here. I’m having trouble importing hex codes from FE recolor into FEBuilder all of a sudden. Previously, you would take the 1st frame of an animation and flip the colored boxes in the top right corner in Usenti.
Lance_000
like that ( I think, it looks weird as a .png instead of bmp)

then you bring it up in FE recolor, to do your editing. Except when I try it now, I get this:

For a test, I tried just importing the base blue colored palette into FEBuilder using the hex code from “copy hex” in the bottom right corer…but the result is this:
Character Palette Dargon Herald.gba_60@3D fra__________0185D240

I’ve tried several different ways and nothing seems to work.

Hex code is not compatible.
Originally I was aiming for compatibility, but I could not make compatibility well because I do not use FERecolor.

1 Like

Reference place.
It has a function to track text references, but now it has been extended to BG and Song.

Text

BG

Song

You can also see the battle terrain.

You can also see the flags used in the chapter.
If you right-click on the place where “Event” is written, you can see the flag list used in that chapter.

3 Likes

Ah did a new update change it perhaps? it used to work well enough if you flipped those boxes in Usenti/paint first

No, the routine hasn’t changed much.
Probably part of the hex code is similar.
But I think it’s not exactly the same.

I’m not a user of FERecolor, so I’m not sure what this tool does.
I think the order or something when converting the palette to hex code is a little different.

You sure your pallete order is correct? It happened to me a lot, I had some colors missplaced

I’m probably being stupid but, I was messing around with the music in a rom and tried to insert an .SPC and (Obviously) It didn’t work. but I looked at the error message and it was intriguing, Is there a way to make the .SPC recognizable to FEBuilder
Is this a possibility

So what happens in Ch.6 most of the party leaves in the Start Event. In Ch.7 start even they all rejoin and it works perfectly for every character except 1 his name is Graham. When he rejoins his stats are based off the unit loaded into the chapter for story purposes. Even though he rejoins before that unit spawns, and even then, if he isn’t present for the story event he doesn’t even get readded to the party.

I’ve done this leave party / rejoin party event thing also in Ch.5 and that one works flawlessly even with Graham, but in chapter 7 it doesn’t.

Just changed the Riev Pallete for the Kenneth pallete using recolor and inserted using febuilder. It works perfectly in current version, you need to make your own pallete order with custom animations, I do it by eye in Recolor, then import the hex code.
It can be really hard with custom animations that use many blue colors, must likely you made a mistake in the order of colors.

Perhaps it is a music file.
FEBuilderGBA can only handle mid and wav formats.
If it is a song, please convert it to midi format,
if it is a sound effect, convert it to wav format.
That way you can import them.
Note that wav takes up a lot more space.

You said Graham would rejoin, but your party has no data on Graham.
Are you expelled him from DISA?
REMU is like a leave of absence, DISA is like a withdrawal.
In REMU, the user data remains, so you can return to work.
However, if you are expelled from DISA, the data will be lost and you will not be able to return.
In this state, LOAD 1, there is no existing data, so you have to join a new one.

I have never had to adjust the palette order before, just flipped it in Usenti. But trying to do that by eye from recolor to builder is a ridiculous amount of tinkering. Especially if the colors are similar. It’s not impossible but it can be very time consuming.

The important thing is to know what is different between the hex code of FEBuilderGBA and the Hex code of FERecolor.
Currently, I can’t take any measures because I don’t know it.

Probably the hex code is almost the same.
But I think a different hex code is created when some specific condition occurs.

I think the best way is not to use FERecolor.
FEBuilderGBA can do almost the same as FERecolor, so I don’t think you need to use it.

3 Likes

Oh I’m dumb, in that same chapter an earlier event I spawned him and erased the unit when he walked off the map, and that got rid of his character data. Thanks for the help!

I think previously I used recolor because it let you add layers so you could go back and check the original while editing, and for the reset function. I think I’ll just experiment with the builder one and learn how to use it better. Thank you fren