FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Now das a lotta swords

Now that Shin and I are working together, Iā€™ve decided to abruptly change the top level organization for the Repo. It now looks like this:

Instead of this:

Harder on the eyes, but weā€™re going to focus on building a website for the repo and autopopulating it using a tag system and a few other neat filters.

4 Likes

Um, Iā€™m new here so I have a question. Are all these animations free to use?

Yes they are, as long as you give proper credit to the creators.

There are only three genders, M/F/U, but U means Unassigned! They can be any gender you like!

In any case, I finished the Lord and Magic user folders today. Itā€™s an extremely tedious process that involves retyping every folder name, and I know itā€™s not expeditable unless Elon Musk releases Neuralink for $5 tomorrow.

The organized naming conventions actually make browsing the majority of animations pretty simple. Alusqā€™s healer has a legit name now and nestles in with the other clerics quite well! Same for the others with weird names, like the previously named Myrmercidon, which now looks like the below.

Things are progressing. That is good.

Footnote: I still have to add credits for anything tagged {NA} but that should be really easy as a final step when the repo is almost ready for release. This IS going to be 1.0 after all.

Edit: Mounted and Armored Units are done too. Not too many of themā€¦

Edit2: Fliers were a breeze.

6 Likes

I havenā€™t added my folder full of animations to my repo build yet, so itā€™s all cool you PIECE OF SHIT but thank you for the wonderful animation of YET ANOTHER FUCKING SWORD USER which is helpful because we can never have too many FUCKING MYRMIDONS AND SWORDMASTERS REEEE

9 Likes

THANK YOU AAAAA <3
Great job on that one.

2 Likes

Itā€™s always bugged me how bland Falcoknight grills look. With just a few added pixels, you made them look significantly cuter!

how do i learn to make new battle animations? I want to contribute

3 Likes

http://www.feshrine.net/ultimatetutorial/
Read Chapter 56 + 57. Itā€™s pretty old but that part is still up to date.

Thatā€™s at least the way Iā€™ve learned it.

Very good, very good. Iā€™ll add those now.

Sorry this updateā€™s taking so long, guys. Iā€™ve been really busy with other things. Unlike when I first created the repo, updating the current one is -not- at the top of my priority list.

I will get to it though, and hopefully it will be great.

1 Like

I borrow some of the repository folder to create one of my own and when i inserted it via febuildergba it cause this

Anyone know how to fix this? I know the pallette is the reason but donā€™t know the solution.

Itā€™s still using Dozlaā€™s palette from FE8. You have to change the palette in the FEbuilder files. (I donā€™t use FEbuilder enough to know how to do this, but I know there are various palette options on the advanced menu with all the buttons)

Edit: Iā€™m stupid and missed the second line. Um. I know FE8 uses a more complex palette system than FE7, but beyond that Iā€™m at a loss. You have to assign him a different oneā€¦ or something.

Thank you. Iā€™ll try to find a way in ā€œadvance editorā€ and ā€œpatchesā€ to see if it helps

I did the palette edit that was made public, but that isnā€™t mine either

// super late

Iā€™ve been waiting for this to drop for a long time. Needless to say :ok_hand:

1 Like

Alrighty, guys.

It took me a bunch of monthsā€¦ but finally I am drawing near to the end. I successfully spent 6 hours inserting and exporting 103 new animations into my repo.

I missed those brand new Greentea animations that Marlon scripted, but Iā€™ll add them tomorrow.

The final step for the repo to be complete is for me to go through and credit all of the animation makers. This is going to be a long, arduous process, especially given that after 6 months a lot of the credits list isnā€™t filled out. It seems that itā€™s no longer editable, which is a bit annoyingā€¦ but Iā€™ll make do with what I have.

I finished 95% of the work. Itā€™s almost done.

This is the final stretch.

Whee!

Edit: Oh, big thanks to Brady and Attilla, who left comments on a bunch of animations along with sources to the creatorā€™s original work. I actually canā€™t find any that arenā€™t filled out! What a bunch of bros!

7 Likes

More good news.

I sat down and credited all the animations. What should have taken an annoying and tedious 30 or so minutesā€¦ took five hours. Because as it turns out I was right and a bunch of animations on the list werenā€™t credited. As expected, they were also the most annoying kind to identify; repalettes and new hairstyles. Uguu.

I got almost all of them. As of now, these are the only four uncredited properly.

Edit: We found the authors of three of these. No idea about the bow paladin tho.

I know who made all the paladin animations, except for this bow one. Maybe someone sent it to me over Discord?

Note that even though all animations are technically credited now, the subfolders for individual animations are spottily added. Ex:

In the case of this animation, Primefusionā€™s name is beside the animations he specifically made. Ones with no credit are assumed to be vanilla animations. The {NA} is missing a credit.

The problem is, most subfolders donā€™t look like that. Itā€™s a lot of work to go through and mark every individual subfolder; to the point where Iā€™m not going to bother doing it. We have the animation sheet thing for reference, it will have to do.

Alright! So weā€™re ready to release, right?

No.

It turns out that I have more work to do. Not exhaustive and important things, but I still want to do them for QOL reasons.

Ex:

I would like to make all of these properly transparent. Not the biggest deal, but itā€™s on my list.

Other stuff like that.

I intend for Repository 1.0 to be a big, full release that I wonā€™t touch anymore beyond adding new things. No more mass reorganizations, no matter how much, ahem, certain people whine.

I donā€™t have time in my life to spend on repository shenanigans several times a week. :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, weā€™ll release the whole thing here soon.

Soonā€¦

Soonā€¦

5 Likes

To spare Klok an update, weā€™ve found every one of those sources aside from the !BowPaladin. Please help us return this poor lost !BowPaladin to its parent(s).

Cue ā€œIn the arms of an angelā€¦ā€

I reserve the right to maintain that this ninja edit happened before Kloks update. Bad Klok. BAD. Sad.

4 Likes

On top of that bow Paladin, anyone know who made the Lalum with Staves animation? I tried searching for FE6 Dancer but it just gives me a wall of results for @dancer_A, and if the animation is named after Lalum/Larum, I canā€™t find it on SF or here.

Edit: Christā€™s sake, I should have known to look for ā€œDancer (FE6)ā€ lol.

1 Like