[FE 8](Full-Length) [COMPLETE?] Eligor's Spear version 3.0 (46 +1 Chapters)

The enemies just hit very hard, and with the time limit of the ship leaving, you have to kind of rush upwards, but you don’t have a dedicated healer at that point, so each person can survive about one round of combat with the exception of Agnessa before they need to use their turn using a vulnerary to heal or risk being killed by the next enemy that gets close. And then when the group of three fighters and a mercenary rush from the ship, it’s all completely off the table because by that point, I’ve used up all my vulneraries trying to outpace the damage.

Will there be recruitment list?

Are you playing on the newest patch? Several vulneraries were added to remedy the issue of your healer being pushed back a chapter later. Unfortunately for story reasons I can’t have your healer join in this chapter.

Are you trying to enter the ship there and then? I recommend going all the way up to the village, because you’ll get an Elixir from there.

If reaching that part of the map is where the problem lies, I suggest you actually don’t split. I think that way you have easier time to keep your more frail units out of harms way.

Do you have some specific suggestions on what to improve on this map?

There is not one yet. Would you like one? Recruitments should be fairly easy to find out, since you can check the stats screen to see who talks to whom. Many characters join automatically as well. There is one exception to the rule, but hints for recruiting them are given during the starting event of the chapter.

I tried going north through the wall, but the fighter and archer from the north started moving on me and pincered my units along with the four from the west. I’m not entirely sure how to change it, so all I can do is state my experiences with it, but I don’t want to come off as hating the game, because it is fun, it’s just frustrating when there only seems to be one way to complete a map and it’s RNG reliant on a lot of things because you just don’t have enough units to cover any deviations that might happen.

1 Like

Don’t worry, you didn’t come across as being hateful. Some other people too have cited the strain on your resources as a problem on this map, so I’l try making the Elixir available earlier on the map, and make the village give you something else instead.

I’ll also take another look at the enemies on normal mode. Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Hello,
I was just playing the romhack, but every time I try to go to the route where you don’t follow Grismond, after the dialogue at the beginning of the chapter, i’m sent directly to the main menu
(Basically, I can’t play the map)
Does someone know about it ?
Thanks

That route is considered non canon and hasn’t been completed yet.

1 Like

I notice that after the prologue, there’s an empty blue space during the Battle Prep, am I missing a unit you get during that time or is it a stylistic choice? I’ve yet to hit the point where you don’t take every unit onto the map.

man… i’m only playing on normal but this game is kicking my ass so hard, I almost never am able to get through a map first try, it really feels that there’s little to no margin for error and if you get unlucky with a crit or a miss you’re pretty much done. You mentioned not needing to early-promote units but i’m having a hard time seeing it.

Overall, despite the frustration (this is one those games that get me cursing at the screen quite a bit, heh) i am enjoying it, the portraits and graphics are well done, i dig the relatively small maps and design choices, although the enemies and reinforcements are quite brutal at times.

I dont think the story is great, but is not bad either, it’s a pretty decent premise, the dialogue though, not really my cup of tea, and the whole continuous bickering between the characters kinda makes everyone look a bit unlikable tbh.

I’m currently in the “bestwoal of a saint” chapter (it would be nice to number the chapters) and boooy oh boy, having a pretty tough time getting through it. Anyway, congrats for the neat game, i’m hoping to finish.

1 Like

Did you already play the ship chapter? There was a pirate who mentioned a heavy barrel and pirate’s strength. You might have missed that.

Hey, saw the hack on mang’s youtube channel and figured I would give it a go. I managed to clear… oh what chapter is it… the level where the pegasus knight and merc joins you. Up to then, I was playing on hard and it was really destroying me. Usually in most FE games the early game is usually the hardest due to just not having a lot of resources, but it did kinda feel to me that I needed a bit of good rng to make it through. If I got too much bad rng then losing a unit was almost certain. Not sure how the rest of the game is tuned but the hard mode early game was pretty serious stuff. I bumped it down to normal to see the difference and it felt like a really solid normal to me. Tbh, I can’t figure out if hard is a bit overtuned or I just need to get good. I did see earlier that you felt hard definitely benefits from having foresight of what’s to come. I don’t know if my camian was speed screwed or not, but he was getting one rounded by literally any magic user on the chapter the healer joined. Actually, almost all of my units could get one rounded. I didn’t feel like I had many options, especially with the pace of the level. If you want to save the villages, it just required me to restart 4-5 times until I found a very optimal start and had a little bit of rng with dodges/crits.

anyway, TLDR:

really solid hack so far, hard mode is indeed brutal with just a little bit of wiggle room but mostly just need some good rng.

1 Like

Hey there, and thanks for checking out this hack!

Tweaks on Hard mode early game maps are in the works, as there were instances of enemies being slightly overtuned, so you’re not entirely in the wrong here. If you’re getting one-rounded by magic users, that does sound like you’ve got speed-screwed. There are some really scary enemies than can one-round player units, so you have to formulate a solid plan to take them down. However, the average mages shouldn’t be one of them.

Glad you’re liking the hack so far!

so this is complete?

1 Like

Not quite. More content will be available later down the line. For the time being my focus is on improving the already existing maps/chapters.

Well, the plot and cast are enjoyable for me.
One thing that really really bugs me is the absurd figure of some of the enemy stats. Lvl 6 archer has 15 str 12 skl 15 spd, what the heck. Not just that, considering how early it was ,like just chapter 3, but already using silver equipment. Hard is fun but if too hard it kills all the fun.

Yeah the valk on that level was scary strong, but I really enjoyed dealing with her. I’m looking forward to see where the rest of the hack will go, and after I clear the rest on normal going back and doing hard sounds pretty fun.

Will stay tuned for more. Thanks for making it.

2 Likes

I noticed the dialouge, but I couldn’t find the barrel they were talking about, and with how fast the ship was leaving, I couldn’t let Camian just explore the map looking for it, I needed him exactly where he was the entire time or I wouldn’t have finally gotten past.

so many chapters are playable?

Summary

Do Francis and Agnessa leave the party at any point? Because Grismond is pretty shady.

Ok, I’ll mark the correct barrel more clearly for the next release. Thanks for bringing that up.

If you include cutscene maps and such, 23 in total. Check the first/opening post for more details.

@MageHero21

Summary

Not in this route. Agnessa and one other character will be unavailable for a couple of maps at some point, but they’ll join again.