Fatih's Assorted Stuff and Things

I have here a bunch of random assets that others might find completely useless and a very few somewhat useful. Thread will be updated time to time as I find new stuff and things to take care of for my own sake.
Things like images might not be immediately insertable for Buildfile use but will be fine to use in FEB even with errors that initially pop up.
Everything is free to use, and some stuff I don’t need credit on whatsoever.

Custom Grass Palette

field

A custom colour that makes the grass appear lush and less wet/blue.

Hex is in order of palette 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 for Fields. I think you just need to edit 1 and 2 or something but you might as well use the entire thing.

Normal

0038724AAC423A2BFF631600535BF0114E15D92E9E43531E2915FF7F9A779C15
003896326C21F47FC25A405EE05967510445B9634F57AE5BB44B523BCE3E3226
00382D2B483DB84BB23FAE330D2B942BEA22B643691F2E2FB00E6A168701F52B
0038D125DE432F47FF6FBF6FBC3BD453F83692630363405EE05967510445CD3D
0038FF77F97FD2636D574C53AD5E2C2ECC3DFF73FF4B5C3B7736F12D8C25E97F

Fog

1900D65A1253BD47FF7F9D31BA73193F97425C4BFF5F183B744AFF7FFF7F5F2E
0038194B7446FB7F4E732E77AE76B16A4F62FF7FB66FF577FB67B857555F1953
0038B447725EDD7BF957F54FB647993F7237BB4FCF0FB647572F112FB22AFC47
00389642FF5F965FDE7BDE7BFF57FB6F7B53F97F4E732E77AE76B16A4F629452
0038FF7FFF7FF97FD473B36B556FF44EB456FF7FFF67BD633C5BF8529552F07F
No credit required.

Shitty Mugs that came from hell and back

Credit me
Fatih Inspector
Credit Lenh for the hell of it
POPCORNS
Credit “maria”
marie
Credit “G.K. Vault”
wtf
Credit “Sweet_Max”!
Sweet_Max
No credit req.
COOOOM%20IM%20COOOOOMINNN lady retard

Custom Splash

A unique splash screen that’s busy, but frees up one of the two splashes for your own use. Insert your own logo in the bottom left.
test
No credit required.

Canada World Map

big small tinyy
The map was created by Parnasium. You can check out their other designs and perhaps make a map from those.
I do not have “dark palette” for the map.
Credit to creator and me for porting is encouraged.

"U" Font Fix

This is a simple fix to the letter U displayed ingame, which happens to look a lot like V in many circumstances.
gba_Serif_U
Make sure the width is set to 6 so that there’s no spacing.
No credit required.

Spliced Scarf Collection

Ever wanted to put a nice scarf on your character/self but had no idea how to draw one? Need to splice but fingers hurt? Think these examples suck? Who cares? Have a wall of scarves, all standardized and ready to add as a layer (though a few of them need custom tinkering).
Scarves
No credit required.

Here’s a random axe. gba_31%401F_01505BD4 No credit.

Fatih’s Looped WAVs and WAV insertion looping tutorial (Newb/FEB Friendly)
Since we can’t upload other files directly, there are the two WAVs I have to demonstrate for now.

Inserting my Loops (FEB)

There’s probably a method that follows a very similar process to this, at least, using .s files as well while using a .WAV as an instrument. But if you’re using Buildfiles, you’re probably too chad to use WAVs even ironically. Follow these steps and only do so when you’re CERTAIN you want your song to maximize your space and not waste any due to re-writing.

• Grab both file formats (.s and WAV)
  • Prepare the track you wish to overwrite
  • Click “Import”, select the WAV, make sure to click LOOP (though even if you screw up the .s file loops it anyway) and accept the size warning after
  • Next, Import again, but import the .s file, not the WAV. When it asks which instrument set you want, click the dropdown and choose the first option, “CURRENT” (should be a high address).
  • Now the tempo and loop data should be in. Test and enjoy.
I Wanna Make my Own Loop!

It might seem tricky, but it’s not actually very hard to do all this. Just be aware about how long your WAV will be. Remember that WAV files are uncompressed and weigh a ton of data compared to anything else in your hack. That’s why short loops less than a half minute long are non-destructive. Don’t overly rely on WAVs, though.

• Get Audacity if you don’t have it.
  • Grab your song. Doesn’t matter how, if you DL it as a mp3 or flac or whatever. Even if you recorded it through your desktop.
  • Crop your song’s loop area in a clean, seamless manner. To test your loop, hold shift and either click play, play on the top right, or space and wait for the song to loop around.
  • RECOMMENDED: Use the Bass/Treble function to add some emphasis on Treble by a few decibels. It’ll make your song sound better.
  • Use the Normalize Effect on default settings. Otherwise your song will be very quiet with no way to increase the volume without reinserting (which is wasteful).
  • On the bottom left, change your Project Rate (HZ) to NO MORE than 16000 and no less than 8000 (though I suppose it could go lower, but the quality will just be horrid). I like to put my loops at 11025. This is just a personal preference. The higher the rate, the more data you’ll take. You be the judge and determine the balance between quality and size of your loop.
  • Don’t Forget!! You will likely have stereo sound (unless you used WASAPI mono). This is evident by having two waveforms. You NEED to have Mono sound (you could have stereo by complicated means, but I won’t discuss it as it’s a different process and it’s twice the data for no good reason).
    To split your track to Mono, simply click on the Name of your track to the top left of the area where you see the sliders for that track (above Mute/Solo). Hit Split Stereo to Mono.
    You must then delete (X) one of the two tracks. Usually, it doesn’t matter which unless the song naturally has differences in its L/R channel, so figure out which you want to keep.
  • Once everything else is done, click the Tracks tab on the top, and then hit Resample… and put the value that you put for your Project Rate (should appear automatically, if not just put it in).
  • Your song will now have been compressed, visible by the waveform becoming slightly stronger. Give it a listen and you will hear a clear decrease in quality.
  • At this point, if you feel the song is too muddy and doesn’t sound sharp enough, Ctrl+Z all that up to the RECOMMENDED note and adjust for the Treble or other sounds accordingly. The treble will definitely take a hit from the loss of frequencies! Just make sure to re-do the following steps after doing so!
  • If you’re satisfied with how your song sounds, you’re almost home free. Go to File > Export > Export Audio…
  • Figure out a name, then under that, choose “Other uncompressed files” as the filetype to show two more dropdowns. Choose WAV (Microsoft) as the header and Unsigned 8-bit PCM as the encoder. Anything higher may not work, or is simply doubling the filesize for no reason when the quality is the same!
  • Hit save. When it’s done, you can test the output file, but you should nonetheless be popping open FEBuilder and finding the track you want to replace. In the song editor, Import your WAV, and hit loop (if you screw up, just reload the ROM). Ignore size warnings.
  • Your song is in! You can test it out ingame, but very likely will it not actually loop correctly - it will be early. To fix this, you’ll need to do some tinkering. “Export” the song you just imported as an .s file, and then open it with notepad.
  • Scrolling down, you’ll see a bunch of lines beginning with .byte. The thing we want to do is assign a TEMPO to your file, because that’s what FEBuilder fails to add to the importer (if it did, we wouldn’t need this step).
    For example, the file may look like this:

song1D_001:
@ 000 ----------------------------------------
.byte VOL , 127*song1D_mvl/mxv
.byte KEYSH , song1D_key+0
.byte VOICE , 0
Label_0_010D7126:
.byte TIE ,Cn3 ,v127
.byte W96

• What you want to do is simply put .byte TEMPO , XX anywhere in the group of .byte lines. I preferably put it before the label. It doesn’t matter where as long as it isn’t before and after the @ 000 section. You want to replace XX with a number - I recommend 60 as it is simple and round and happens to work fine for trying to find the loop point within your ROM.
    Yours may now look like this:

song1D_001:
@ 000 ----------------------------------------
.byte VOL , 127*song1D_mvl/mxv
.byte KEYSH , song1D_key+0
.byte VOICE , 0
.byte TEMPO , 60
Label_0_010D7126:
.byte TIE ,Cn3 ,v127
.byte W96

…Followed by a @ 001 and repeating lines. Save the file.

• Use the Import option on the same song where you imported the WAV in FEB to import your edited .s file. When the prompt appears, make sure you check the Current option from the dropdown, otherwise the data will be associated with the usual instruments of FE and you might lose the address of your WAV data.
  • Now you have your tempo! What you need to do now is launch the game and check out the sound room to see if the song loops correctly. Spoilers, probably won’t. It will always loop too early.
  • In FEB where your song is, click either “Musical Score” or “Track 1” (doesn’t matter which) to bring up a window that lets you config some stuff about your song. You want to look at Tempo Adjustment. Increase this value by a certain, nice amount, like 10. Save and then test the game to see if the song is closer to looping.
  • If the loop is over but silence follows before looping, the tempo is too low. Simply allocate more tempo into the track. If you know you’re close to having it loop perfectly, add very small intervals of tempo into the value (such as 2 or 3 at a time).
  • If the loop still happens too early, simply insert negative tempo into the track to delay the loop, following the same guidelines.
  • This might take a few tests, but eventually you will be 1 or 2 points away from a perfect loop. When you find the exact tempo, the song will perfectly loop start to finish! If all goes well, you’re done!

Have fun with your WAVs. Or yell at me for the fifth time about how stupid they are.

hall of shame

11 12 14 17 123 213
shh

Wavs will pave the way to the future. You guys just don’t realize it yet.

Interesting list of compatible wav formats for use with SFX

wav

Expect more stuff, maybe. Ever. Will take requests maybe.

Update: Just putting a wall of LP stuff here.

FE Resonance Ironman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWV_PoXxTbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFwsxm-sTcA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nfXJSOEQEs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV2O0Ir1374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbQjBhz60OA

Have more on my channel but some of the stuff has been outlawed from FEU (lol)
I’ll clean up this page soonish. I have to add some new stuff but oh boy is a lot going on with me. New hack soon. Maybe.

18 Likes

god has graced us with his work yet again

Thank you fatty, very cool

2 Likes

They’re really nice!

Updated thread. I have posted a FEB-based WAV looping tutorial and have owned the libs and haters epic style using facts and logic. I have attached two songs I’m using for a certain hack as an example.

2 Likes

YOU REALLY SHOULDN’T USE WAVS AS MUSIC MY STANCE HASN’T CHANGED

but nice tutorial, shame me more uwu

1 Like

Tbf its a fine tut for wav instrument samples too so

1 Like