[Fangames] What are you working on?

I’m working on giving the Mage Knight a Lance animation

2 Likes

(Aside from trying to make mountains look natural)
I’m trying to figure out what I could put in the middle of this.

New Pair Up penalties/bonuses are working. Now Knights are actually kind of useful because they can get to the front quickly and choke a point for days. Problem is earlygame you can just turtle and not lose much damage since most of it comes from weapon mt. And Seth is even more unstoppable but that was always going to happen.

4 Likes

If you allow me to say my humble opinion as a game designer, those stat boosts are broken.

I tried making generic palettes for female mages because vanilla FE doesn’t have a proper one for them

Edit: Are there any other animations with messed up generic palettes that need fixing?

3 Likes

Prototype for the promoted skeleton I’m working on

Oooh nice. Maybe a helmet would make it look more promoted?

That’s pretty coolio. Is it a problem that I think the hardest part of everything you’ve shown here so far is drawing the green arrows?

Might add a helmet later but I’m confused as to what shield I should use because the map sprite and class portrait uses two different shields.

Could always use the hero’s shield

This is what it looks like with both shields

1 Like

I think the smaller shield works better aesthetically. Unless you give the wight a bigger sword on the right. Either go all big or stay small. Kind of weird seeing a small skeleton holding big heavy weaponry but thats just my opinion. Wight should look like the game of thrones skeletons in the tree of life episode imo but the other alternative is the skeletons from dragon’s dogma who carry giant swords lol. I think a helmet would be an awesome addition but not necessary.

is one good idea the shield the helmet and the sword

I think I’ll go with the smaller shield because it matches the class portrait.
If I need to I can just make a new map sprite.
Does anyone have ideas on how to upgrade the armor?

Making progress

What else can I do to make it look better, besides the helmet?

Did you make the pauldrons bigger already? They look different. I think its fine as is, since its a sprite, if you put too much it’ll just look very clutter. A helmet might be your last to do if you want to make it look more detailed without going over board.

Fixed the shoulders and put the original one the right for comparion

Is this good enough?

All I did was call the arrow function that you found, with r2 = 0 or 1 depending on the direction.

@AlfredKamon Yeah they could use some balancing. Maybe if it just reduces a percentage of damage taken rather than bumping up defensive stats.

Oh. Ok then.

1 Like

I made
some tunes
for my project

2 Likes