[Fangames] What are you working on?

I’m working on a recolor for FE8 Great Lord
https://images-2.discordapp.net/.eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGADj8nQm6BqIIBIpiRF2v6ru3ruv-azLbOZQnbIB7Kc0XrsV5VVHt4N5XL3OU2zjG6pqbcfdHxXAEFJ2xTuMriCmQIDJF_8iwpCzJ4rRw5uXdDufYX5_vs4h1w.n9sczs2aresb0xR86xwfHj_mvSg.png
I’ve finally got the color scheme down so now I can start working on the animations

Much to my sadness, I’ve reinvited myself to the hell that is hacking.
Yay.

Maybe a few of you still remember it.

Some of those names upset me.
Brings back memories of when my capital city was called “Aruceidyia”.

I was so young, so young…

In which I am terrible at mapping:

I’m trying to figure out how to change the sword handle

Does the right one work or should I just stick with the left?

I like the contrast of the right better.

Also have these (very obvious placeholders ATM):

Might be one of those things where you’d want to check it in motion.
'cause readability is gonna suck either way, with the limited palette and being such a small part. I’d be personally half tempted to make it skin toned just so it stood out.

1 Like

I’m salted, thank to you. >:c

Uh, ok?
Liiiiiike I give a fuuuuuuuuuuuck~

To get the hang of FEditor and such before i start Woodlums, I wanted to try and insert a portrait/animation to an FE6 randomizer. But when I try and open the patched ROM in FEditor I got this;
Not sure what to do now.

IIRC to use FEditor with an FE6 ROM it has to be pre-patched with a particular translation patch. Does the randomizer use the old translation?

It uses the most recent translation patch. Should I patch a different one?

yeah, FEditor is built to work with FE6 patched with the old translation.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks.

Have some more shitty maps:

1 Like

That last one seems interesting tbh

For my hack, trying to sprite something pretty unique for a mug, but I’m at loss on how to fix this…

Horn, numero uno cancer to sprite. Especially when the only reference that exist is Idoun’s draconian form. I can manage something on my own, but I’d like others’ suggestions.

Edit: Before you ask, yes, she is naked.

Reminds me of that lady from Tekken Tag 2…
Neato.

Probably look to Hawkeye for how to blend a line into the skin. Would recommend 5th skin shade over outline, but if you can make it work then all the more to ya’.
As for horns, I like the ones on the General guy’s mug over on Serenes. Other than that I’d look at a couple horn references from other games instead of just FE. If you want a cleanly shaped horn it should be more or less easy, curves aren’t the greatest thing to sprite but they’re doable. If you want a oddly shaped or un-cleanly shaped horn then you’re on your own.

Oh yeah there was his mug. Geeh, to think Ciraxis would be my savior. Thanks for additional tip on the skin + tattoo. Now for some more pain…

Having issues with inserting axe cav. I tried inserting it over the sword/lance animation in FE7, but Lowen is still using the normal animations.

Unrelated note, does anyone know if there’s a fix for magic swords in 7? I know they acted differently in Elibean Knights, and I thought there was a fix to have them act like that. There was also a serenes post with a couple patches (canto, etc) that I can’t find for the life of me.
alright so now its working but when I used a different particular rom it didn’t. Odd, but whatever.

found the page with all the patches!