Embedded Audio Clips?

With the music blitz contest going on it made me wonder if it would be possible to have embedded mp3s? Maybe embedded midi, too?

It’d be a nice feature to have if it isn’t too difficult to do.

4 Likes

According to the discourse official support, it should just work out of the box.

everyone always asks how to turn an mp3 into a midi, but no one ever asks how to turn an mp3 into a jpeg :pensive:

3 Likes

The error message just prevents uploading of non-images (and whatever a “.heic” file is) to FEU. You can still embed by hosting them elsewhere. Here’s some random stuff I grabbed off my dropbox.

The track won’t load, but the video works.

1 Like

@CT075
We still can’t actually embed audio, as .mp3 and .midi files are not allowed to be uploaded.

(The embedded audio player shows up, but is non-functional.)

![title|audio](src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gqdp7lQFUjohT1Qwn6gN0lFItk-xLoL-/view?usp=sharing")

I haven’t been able to get audio hosted offsite to work, either. If you could possibly add .mp3s to the allowed file types to be uploaded, that’d be appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face:

Bump

Sorry to be annoying. If the answer is no then please let me know and I will stop asking

I’m sorry, Vesly; Cam has something else going on for a while, so I’m afraid I’ll have to put this on hold.
We’ll give an update once Cam or someone else are looking into it. Sorry for the inconveniences.

1 Like

2 month bump (hope that’s okay)

1 Like

Sorry, things have been hectic in my life, this fell through. I’ve added mp3, mid and midi to the whitelist.

4 Likes

Hallelujah!

Midi test
symphony_41_551_4_©cvikl.mid (110.5 KB)

2 Likes

Oh, could we possibly have the ability to share .txt, .s, .asm, and .event? They’re all just text files - perfectly safe and small in size. Today I was sharing an asm thing that was too long to really paste in here. (If asm has more than 10 comments feuniverse rejects it. Comments start with @ so it thinks I am trying to tag more than 10 users lol)

Probably best not to allow .bat, though. Idk. I think executable scripts should be left on github.

You can use Github gists, pastebin, or the

inline code @a @b @c @d @e @f @g @h @i @j @k @l @m

feature.

For assembly files in particular, I’m also pretty sure that gnu as accepts ; as a comment delimiter.

inline code @a @b @c @d @e @f @g @h @i @j @k @l @m

I don’t understand what you did differently that made this work.

Edit: I was pressing on the </> code button and then pasting the code, which meant that only the first line was properly indented and understood as preformatted text. Oops.

:older_man: