Elibean Nights - Final Draft [PLAYTEST PATCH, 6-5-21]

Lengthy interview in which I talk with my two old friends @MageKnight404 and SnakeMomMelissa about a range of topics such as the recent progress in the hacking community here on FEU, the rise of the avatars, my beef with IntSys remakes, conspiracy theories about IntSys ripping ideas from fan projects, future plans for #BlitzEL, and answer the questions that you folks submitted above.

6 Likes

lol 2020 is coming fast

3 Likes

Arch, please do something on Nergal.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Special thanks to @Tequila for the quality of life additions! Ported from FE8; we have the Talk display, special notifications as units move, press L to skip animations, battle stat display for map animations, and HP bars to make FE7 more in line with modern FE games. It’s awesome to have these features in EN!

17 Likes

Another random polish update; I’ve added these two custom animations for Kent and Karel. Special thanks to @Greentea for the sprite work and to @RobertFPY for scripting the animations. You can find more of their work with other custom animations for FE7 characters over in the Animation Directory.

11 Likes

It looks good. I like it very much.:grin:

5 Likes

And here’s some screenshots of the work in progress Athos Tale. Nergal’s mug was created by @NICKT and the new younger Athos mug is courtesy of @Autonima.

18 Likes

The future is now.

Thank you @7743 for porting this to FE7!

19 Likes

one day, it will be possible to port fe8 to fe7 in its entirety.

3 Likes

update this

1 Like

I can’t believe i am saying this but Elibean Nights is one steps closer.

1 Like

Whether Arch meets the 1/1/20 deadline is still up in the air afaik, so maybe an update is needed.

1 Like

Actually, EN is cancelled because I’m tired of the negativity that seems to surround the project these days. People just regurgitating “hack bad hack bad” without ever giving constructive criticism. In a way, it feels like the hacking community has just kind of passed me by with the advent of all of the new technology available. I’m very proud of EN and what it managed to accomplish back in its heyday, but even if I were to finish it I just don’t feel that it would be appreciated in the way that I would want people to appreciate it.

I don’t have any real motivation to keep working on this project at this point in my life. Doing it just to say “hey, I finished it” isn’t worth it. Appeasing the hacking community and their “EN will never be finished” jabs isn’t worth it. There’s no joy in it anymore, because this community that I’ve devoted so much time and energy to has been consumed, quite frankly, by attitudes of snobbery and elitism. Maybe I’ll return to it someday, I don’t know. But right now, I have lost the drive to continue working on this project.

58 Likes

Hope you have better luck with whatever you choose to work on next (or just ignoring hacking for a while and relaxing, kind of tempted to do that myself for entirely different reasons).

3 Likes

Honestly, I think it might just be time to walk away from the hacking community. The hypercritical environment around here these days is downright toxic.

13 Likes

Love you dude, I’ll see you around.

4 Likes

80 people are typing…

7 Likes

Im sorry to hear hacking isnt making you happy. if you decide to leave i’ll miss you, but I respect your decision.

3 Likes

Well, that’s up to you. I dunno what incident sparked this but I have seen a bit of the ‘this bad that bad everything bad’ attitude around lately, and I can easily see how discouraging it’d get. I mean, even if you don’t think someone’s hack is good, you should still show some kind of basic respect for the effort put into it.

One of the things I like about video game hacking as a hobby is that I can always just… fire up the result and play it myself. Even if no one else gives a shit, at the end of the day I’ve still got something that I can play and have fun with.

12 Likes