Elibean Nights - Final Draft [PLAYTEST PATCH, 6-5-21]

You’re a legend, Arch.
You’ve been such a great inspiration for me in the past. And an indirect sensei, too. I wouldn’t know much about eventing, and maybe I wouldn’t even have the wonderful job that I have now if it wasn’t for you.

So, I’ll support you with whatever makes you happy. If you wanna stay, know that there are plenty of people who love you. If you wanna leave, just leave. Make new things, in (cyber)places that you feel more comfortable with. Just make sure that you don’t feel chained to something or somewhere that you don’t like anymore. And trust me, I talk from experience.

15 Likes

I’m not very involved in the FE community, but I was shocked to see that so many people would even say EN is a bad hack that it could lead to this. It’s one of the best and most innovative hacks ever released in the community, and you and your team should be damn proud of the work you did. I’m glad that I got to play it, will always tell others it’s a great hack when possible, and I’ll always fondly remember the work you put into it, FEU, and the hacking community as a whole Arch. I’m sad to see things end this way, but I have confidence in your judgement. EN is a great hack with a lot of love put into it, and I will forever be happy to say that as many times as I have too.

8 Likes

Arch, fuck 'em, I followed you for quite a long time, heck, your hack got me into hacking. I do understand it, you have my support

6 Likes

Fallin’ feels like flyin’ 'till you hit the ground.

1 Like

Is it weird that I get slightly nostalgic about Arch’s hacking tutorial?

5 Likes

His tutorial is what makes eventing and scene writing accessible to newbies. I would’ve given up on hacking just this past spring without it. Truly a great service to the community.

3 Likes

Midnight Sun and now ENs…

I salute you Arch for your work and contributions to the community.
Take your time and maybe you’ll find again the mood to continue on your project.

2 Likes

Why…

1 Like

Arch wrote a multi-paragraph semi-rant about why? You could scroll up and read that.

9 Likes
2 Likes

Hey Arch,

I was never a talkative person in the community, but I appreciate your work! I’m sure there are many others like me.

But take as long of a break you need man, the community will be waiting for your comeback - may it be resuming this hack, a new one or something entire different! up again! (no pressure btw broski)

<3

2 Likes

ahhh this breaks my heart but i’m sure it’s for the best :heart:

7 Likes

This is why you need to NEED to make hacks/fangames/games/ect for yourself and anyone else who shares your interests…I haven’t seen what mangs and his community said about your hack, but apparently it wasn’t constructive and, probably in a way similar to game grumps with how they treated sonic adventure, were just really mean spirited and insulting towards something people grew up with, and something you worked hard on for over a decade.

However, all of this rests on the assumption that (it sounds like at least) mangs played your game recently and went complete “game grumps” on it (as in, blaming everything on the game instead of their own mistakes, and using their fanbases to sway public opinions on said game). If it’s just a simple case of you being depressed because of general negativity and mangs hasn’t actually done anything, then Idk what to say except I hope you feel better soon.

13 Likes

Sucks that there’s so much negativity, and stepping away if you’re not enjoying it is totally understandable. Thanks for everything you’ve done. EN blew my freaking mind when I found it like a decade ago, and it’s been really cool seeing all the things you’ve added. Cheers, mate.

2 Likes

Aw, so sad to hear yet another one of the staple hacks got cancelled :frowning:
I respect your decision, but I wouldn’t really care about trash troll youtubers who don’t do anything relevant and think they’re higher than others.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that I’m a bit late to this. I have a habit of only hearing of things way after I should.

EN was actually the hack that brought me in to the community. Though I could never actually play it due to technical difficulties with the bad FE7 ROM I had, I did watch youtubers play it, and I was completely enthralled.

I’m sorry that I made my fair share of “Finish EN” jokes. It was a poor attempt at fitting in, I never really believed in them. But I guess I failed to see how bad the jokes were until way too late. I should never have started with that.

If your heart’s not it it, then that’s that. But if nothing else know at least I really liked it.

3 Likes

I guess we really do have toxicity problems. We’ve all sorta forgotten that none of us are professionals. That none of us should be held to that standard. That this whole thing is a damn hobby.

Honestly, you were the hacker I probably looked up to the most. And if anyone else shares similar feelings, I don’t think you or any of the work you’ve done will be forgotten. Thanks for everything you’ve done for this community, including creating the whole thing itself.

12 Likes

Many years ago there was a post on serenes that made my blood boil. It was essentially complaining that some EN mugs weren’t better than those in a commercial game. No matter what you do there will always be bustas with impossible to meet standards and screeching 12-year olds.

10 Likes

I’m sorry if this sound silly but, can we borrow some of your graphics assets ?

1 Like

Please don’t leave I really liked Elibean Nights it had a mysterious air to it and made me want to watch more so pls don’t go don’t listen to negativity f them all

3 Likes