Elibean Nights - Final Draft [PLAYTEST PATCH, 6-5-21]

I don’t know what version it was since its been so many years but I remember the Lyn gaiden being the only time Bartre and Karla show up. They didn’t appear in the ending cut scene and my question is whether that ever changed?

2 Likes

UPDATE: I’m hoping to get an updated “delta testing” patch out as soon as I get the story revisions completed for Raven’s Tale (within the next day or two, hopefully). There are a couple of significant glitches that have been fixed since the last patch as well.

For anyone who’s curious, we’ve essentially ended up swapping the bosses of Raven’s Tale and Louise’s Tale/Pent’s Tale part 2 in order to support the story changes in Raven’s Tale.

Bishop Cedric has been recast as the current head of the Western Order of the Elimine Church, and the Assassin Elisedd has been moved over to the tale that focuses around…assassinating Pent. Crazy, I know. I’m very excited about the revisions to Raven’s Tale and I believe that it has become a much more compelling narrative. Looking forward to sharing it with you all!

Stay tuned!

11 Likes

I just realized after all these years that Elisedd doesn’t have a super long goatee, that’s just his hair resting on his shoulder. I always thought that was an interesting design choice lol.

Glad to see that you’re feeling refreshed and enjoying working on Elibian Nights again Arch. Love the new ideas for the project and glad you got the bonus chapters working after so long!

4 Likes

Please add Storch Vision Quest.

8 Likes

Please add Mario from Bowser’s Big Bean Burrito

6 Likes

CURRENT PATCH: 5-29-21 (updated at 9:33pm PST)

Patch Notes
  • Several spell animations cause the game to hang when missing
    FIXED

• Louise’s Tale tile changes are not working
    FIXED

• Replace Flametongue tome with Bolganone
    DONE

• New script for Raven’s Tale part 1
    DONE

• New script for Raven’s Tale part 2
    DONE

• Replace Cedric with Elisedd in Louise’s Tale
    DONE

• In matchmaking, Luke is an npc out of bounds which throws the cursor out of bounds if you scroll through the NPCs and then go to home
    FIXED

• Farina is loaded as a Falcoknight in Matchmaker instead of a Searph Knight
    FIXED

• Bronze Axe and Bronze Bow are missing descriptions.
    FIXED

• Silver Poleax and Iron Poleax are missing descriptions.
    FIXED, UPDATED TO SPECIFY WT NEGATION EFFECT FOR ALL POLEAXES

• Cleave Bow effective against horses
    FIXED

• Fiora cannot move when spawned in Eliwood’s Tale
    FIXED

Patch Notes - ver 2
  • Transparency issues with Thoron spell
    FIXED

• Transparency issues with Exordium spell
    FIXED

• One scene still references “avenging Cornwell” in Raven’s Tale part 2
    FIXED

Patch Notes - ver 3
  • Grimoire spell crashes game when attacking
    PARTIAL FIX (still need to insert new spell animation)

• Cave tiles have the “Fort” tile type
    FIXED

• Use two tile bridges in Zelot’s Tale with new tilesets
    DONE

• Change some wall tiles in Reglay to have bookcases
    DONE

• Insert new Sain mug
    DONE

11 Likes

Two tile bridges to address single tile choke-point heavy gameplay? This really is the future…

Credit to @N426 for the updated FE6 Snow and Castle tilesets. I’m sure that Pent and Canas love the new bookcases in Reglay!

14 Likes

Wow, I had no idea this one had revived. Great to know!

2 Likes

I found a bug where in Raven’s rewritten tale, it still says defeat Elisedd instead of Cedric.

2 Likes

Also, when Brunnya casts Vainamoinen in Zephiel’s tale, the BGM stops.

1 Like

Hawkeye’s animations don’t play in Pent’s Tale (I was using animation 2, fast speed)

1 Like

@MageHero21 thank you for the reports!

ATTN: Nerds

I am in need of assistance from the wizarding world for a few small ASM hacks. (Please? Yes, I know it’s FE7 so I’m not going to ask anyone to do anything too crazy.)

• Remove “Equipment” graphic on Page 2 of the stat screen, move Atk and Hit up one row and add an Attack Speed display.

• Move Affinity icon and field to Page 3 of the stat screen (remove 5th support display) or move it to be over the small little dragon under the character portrait. Dealer’s choice.

• An item effect that makes the Smithing Kit actually repair weapons. It should repair 1/3rd of total uses to the equipped weapon. This is the one of the most infamous issues with Elibean Nights and whomever can fix this will attain eternal glory in the annals of hacking history.

• Update to status effect weapons system that fixes the status infliction mid-battle (currently all weapons regardless of status inflict poison effect mid-battle and a successful hit from sleep does not stop the enemy from counter-attacking).

• Give all bosses the hard-coded “immune to status effects” ability to avoid staff cheese.

• An ASMC routine that will allow me to apply stat boosts to characters through events (basically something where I can just specify the stat and the amount to raise it) so that I can implement something similar to how in FE4 characters get stat boosts from ‘Talk’ events.

Please reach out to me on Discord if you’re interested in helping out on this front.

4 Likes

Hello Arch, great hack you are having. The quality is very great. Keep doing what do you.

Anyway, here is some bug i found.

1. The doors in the game could not be opened (lockpicks and unlocks did not work), therefore, Pent’s quest is hindered a lot.
  2. The Smithing Kit/Hammerne is still unusable; in my opinion, it’s better to scrape it. I don’t think anyone would need it much in single-point map.
  3. Dan/Rebecca/Wil’s convo in ‘Talk to Me achivement’ still shows Oswin and Hector
  4. Minor detail : Fargus’ village in Hector’s story still shows Anna when Hector visited it, also the house in bottom right edge still talks about Sagittary.

Im doing it by order, so i’ll be having more maybe later. Thanks for this hack, dude! I have fun.

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the reports. The game has gone through so many revisions over the years, it’s good to see those inconsistencies pointed out so that I can correct them.

1 Like

I’ve gone through the whole series of Talk events and I haven’t found a single one with Oswin and Hector. Did you modify the pairings in matchmaker to produce this result? Rebecca’s default pairing is Lowen.

1 Like

CURRENT PATCH: 6-7-21 (updated at 9:22am PST)

Patch Notes
  • Tile changes not working in Pent’s Tale
    FIXED

• House conversation mentions class name Sagittary which was renamed to Adventurer
    FIXED

• Alternate conversation for Wil x Dan (when Rebecca is paired to Wil) plays vanilla text
    FIXED

• The Hammerne staff does not repair weapon uses
    FIXED

• Smithing Kit item effect does nothing, uses do not deplete (need ASM fix)
    REMOVED

• Fargus village in Hector’s Tale plays text with Anna when Hector visits
    FIXED

• Matchmaker text conditions for Hector’s Tale opening aren’t functioning properly
    FIXED

• Lyn still appears in Rath’s Tale when paired with Eliwood or Hector
    FIXED

• Guy still appears in Rath’s Tale when paired with Priscilla
    FIXED

• Vainamoinen kills BGM due to bad sound effects
    FIXED

• Cedric’s mug has a glitch with the blinking frames
    FIXED

• Insert Ice Breath animation for Icestone
    DONE

• Hawkeye battle animations do not play
    FIXED

• Fiora cannot move when loaded in to Kent’s Tale
    FIXED

10 Likes

Dan and Farina’s conversation in Merlinus’s tale is Hector learning about Uther’s death

2 Likes

EN Final 1.1_1623052641499
EN Final 1.1_1623052646261

In the recent patch if fiora paired with kent she cant move. Not sure if its like this in other pair ups.

2 Likes

Fixed. Patch is updated in post above (same link).

1 Like

you unintentionally created a mockup for what fe11 and 12 should’ve looked like

2 Likes