Broken Blades (Formerly known as Dragon Saga Book 1) New Trailer Released

Did you patch it to a clean FE8U rom? I just patched one with NUPS and it worked fine.
If that’s not working, then you can always open up Ver. 2.3 in FEBuilder and add this to the top of Chapter 1’s start event: Flag ON: Global Flag EF.

Yo sabrina I’m returning for vacation and i would playtesting furthermore your hack. Do you got a discord server where i can go, so you can watch playtesting for your hack ?

Currently, there are no plans for a discord for playtesting.

I might consider making one when Version 3’s demo is released.

When FE8 game has skill patch I have to remove, write fixed growth patch and rewrite skill patch back but game doesn’t work well

Okay, few things to address here.

1. NEVER uninstall the SkillSystems Patch. If I’m remembering correctly, this will break any rom.
  2. These two patches cannot be installed together because they conflict with each other.
  3. In order to have fixed growths on with the SkillSystems patch, you must have this flag enabled in FEBuilder

fixedgrowthsmode

Just set that and fixed growths will be enabled. No need to install the old fixed growths patch.

Since I’m online again, I’d like to give a quick update in regards to crediting.
It has come to my attention that I have failed to credit the authors of most of the patches I’ve used, as well as a few backgrounds. To be safe, I will be updating the current credits file this weekend to include this. Apologies for my error, and I will be back when Version 3.0 is ready for public testing.

1 Like

Thanks I will try

I add Global Flag EF but still don’t let me write fixed growth

all you need is the flag to be on for fixed growths to activate. no need for any extra patches

It’s didn’t work

Then I can’t help you out any more.
You’ll have to play with random growths.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for to help anyway

Is this still happening?

Don’t make posts solely asking if the project is alive.

1 Like

Sorry my bad

Yeah, I’m still working on it.

Just to elaborate on the lack of updates: It takes me a long time to design a single map (like at least a month of drafting and testing) and I want the next update to be as big as the demo.

2 Likes

Just due to the lack of activity on my part, I’m going to be working on a short trailer of the new version that shows off the first couple chapters of the game.

2 Likes

Alright, here’s a sneak peek of the first two chapters of Dragon Saga Version 3.0.
Apologies in advance for my constant coughing, my mic kept picking it up and no matter what filter I used in OBS, it would keep getting through.

Deleted Link due to announcement regarding Dragon Saga’s future.

3 Likes

So, I’ve recently started to learn how to use Lex Talionis and will be porting Dragon Saga to this engine.

One major change I can announce is the removal of the LTF system until I can learn how to code it in. LT has a system like it, but I need to test it more to understand how to properly implement this.

A few things I’ll be implementing in this is:

Weapon ranks for different anima tomes

Ice as a weapon type

Crossbows as a weapon type

Most proc skills (Sol, Astra, etc) only proccing when attacking.

Choice between Random, Fixed, and Dynamic growths.

Enemies being affected by fog of war.

Fatigue.

2 Likes