Diverse Portraits

Hey guys,
I’m working on a game and I am looking for help on finding character portraits. I am really interested in including more varying facial features, such as moles, scars, and structural deformities. I am also very interested in using more culturally diverse characters and incorporating more people of color. I have tried making them on my own, with no luck. I’m also not having much luck finding things in the database? Can anyone help point my in the right direction please. TIA

2 Likes

Go wild

7 Likes

I’m not sure what to do with this

You asked for help with diversity, so you got a set of more diverse skin tones.

Alright, guys. Work’s all done. Thanks, everyone!
Just thought I’d post the concept art here.
Make sure you cite me if you wanna use my stuff.

3 Likes

aw sick, this f2e?

3 Likes

You know what? No. I’m gonna hold onto this.

1 Like

I stared at this for several seconds before finally realizing it was NOT an oddly phallic-shaped black- never mind.

I thought it was a potato.

3 Likes

Omg same. It made me realize I need more potato in me fe hacks.

2 Likes

Pretty sure OP wanted more diverse facial features. Actually, no, I’m very sure. Color for different races is probably the thing of least concern right now.

1 Like

man

post must be at least 5 characters

2 Likes

Literally the previous sentence. Racial diversity is more than just a palette swap. Just look at Devdan or Sue and how their facial features differ from characters in the same game.

Considering the direction this thread went in, I don’t think the desired outcome has been reached, but that’s for OP to decide.

3 Likes

There’s multiple large reference sheets of many, many high quality portraits in the pins of the #spritans channel in FEU’s discord channel you can check out to find a greater variety of characters. The Radiant Collection which is a collection of Tellius character portraits made primarily by NickT and other artists can also be searched for on FEU.

I think there is still some lack of good references for a greater range of facial features in FE portraits but that’ll probably improve over time.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch for the heads up. I haven’t tried discord. I’ll take another look around FEU
to make sure I haven’t missed anything.

Thanks, everyone for the helpful input.

2 Likes