Desert Area Events

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong or if the events are suppose to work like this but I was working on creating events for units to find items in the desert.

How exactly does 0x7D2B1 work? Is it ‘if unit is lucky’ or is ‘if unit is unlucky’? Is there a luck threshold I could change somewhere, because apparently even enemies could ‘find’ these items. I toyed around between ITGV, ITGM, and ITGC but I think ITGV is the one I want? When the enemies find the items in the sand, it’ll say they pilfered said items and the items also become droppable upon their death.

Looking through the disassembled events in living legend, the events are quite similar to my own, except their IFAT conditional ID is always 0x1, which should glitch up? But what do I know. But I do see ITGV, so that can’t be my problem can it? Unless this is how things are suppose to work. It’s been awhile since I played FE7, I don’t remember enemies being able to find buried items, but I could be wrong.

I don’t know for sure, but you’d probably want to at least try inverting whatever you’re using to run 0x7D2B1 (so IFAT->IFAF or vice versa) – my guess is that a check for allegiance is already built into that check.

If the ASM for testing if unit lucky is working for both enemies and allies, then try using 0x7A2F1 before the ASM for if unit lucky. 0x7A2F1 tests for player phase(I am 85% sure), and so combining those should make it test for player phase, then if yes, test if lucky.
When I say combine, I mean like using IFAT 0x7A2F1, then IFAT 0x7D2B1 consecutively.

Do you mean a three part IF then check similar to this?

IFAT 0x1 0x7A2F1
IFAT 0x2 0x7D2B1
ITGV SteelSword
ELSE 0x1
ENIF 0x2
ENDA

Try:
IFAT 0x1 0x7A2F1
IFAT 0x2 0x7D2B1
ITGV SteelSword
ENIF 0x01
ENIF 0x02
ENDA

Either IFAT or IFAF made no difference, enemies were still able to ‘find’ the buried items. And when I used:

Player units would no longer find bury items but the enemies were still able to.

Hmmm… then try IFAF for the player phase check.

Nope no changes, the enemy is still able to find buried items. I did give them 1-2 luck, does this affect it?

This is my event btw:

IFAT 0x28 0x7A2F1
IFAF 0x29 0x7D2B1
//TEX1 0x???
REMA
STAL 0x1E
ITGV FellContract
ENUN
ENDA
ENIF 0x28
ENIF 0x29
ENDA

I tried both all 4 combinations of IFAT and IFAF, IFAF and IFAT, IFAT and IFAT, and IFAF and IFAF.

Well, I am stumped. Maybe try using the player phase ASM without the luck test? I am not sure what to do now. Well, can ally units find items?

That’s the thing, I can’t tell if the luck threshold is high or low. Before, the frequency of finding items by player units would be very high, after using the player turn check, its very hard to find an item. But the problem was that the enemies could always find the items.

Does anyone know what the luck threshold is? Any of my non thieves find the items really quick, where as the thief is suppose to have a 100% chance to find items, find them very rarely.

Just wanted to update for anyone who stumbles upon this in the future.

Using just 0x7D2B1, is how it is done in vanilla FE7.

So an example of just 0x7D2B1 is:

IFAT 0x1 0x7D2B1
ITGV SteelSword
ENDA
ELSE 0x2
ENIF 0x1
STAL 0x1E
ENIF 0x2
ENDA

while if you did something like this:

IFAF 0x28 0x7A2F1
IFAT 0x29 0x7D2B1
ITGV FellContract
ENDA
ENIF 0x28
STAL 0x1E
ENIF 0x29
ENDA

made enemies and NPCs able to find the items and pick them up, which I think is kind of cool, because the said items become droppables in the enemies inventory even if they didn’t have the character ability set in nightmare.

I’d try adding IFCAs. It would get really annoying to write, but it would make sure that only the characters you want to pick up the items to pick up the items. Just use an IFCA for each individual blue character possible on the map.