(Demo) Fire Memeblem: The Sacred Weeds by Expanddong98

Your mediafire link is the actual rom and not a patch. You may want to fix that.

2 Likes

Fire Memeblem - Irvin's Bizarre Adventures 6ch. completed.backup.20200821193707.emulator.emulator.emulator_03

This Kirito portrait was created by SatoshiKura. Please credit anything you use.
https://www.deviantart.com/satoshikura/art/Kirito-Fire-Emblem-Portrairt-441685058

2 Likes

1 Like

Why is this in a Fire Emblem GBA hackrom?

Come on Expanddong98, you’re better than this.

7 Likes

This is actually pretty tame; I don’t think we need to be so prudish.

It’s not even tasteless.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Also

7 Likes

Someone’s thread isn’t the best place to argue, but I’ll also disagree. This doesn’t seem to be at a degree to cause discomfort because it’s primarily banter between the characters and not an insertion by the creator himself. Plus, I thought the setup led to a funny punchline at the end (Slayers is a good show).

But um, what happens in that one Bernadetta support conversation?

If this isn’t an appropriate place to have this discussion, I would perhaps recommend splitting the topic.

you are the one who tried to turn it into a discussion topic in the first place
so cease this discord

Just gonna post the quote I made in the Inheritance topic. Reminder that I posted this one day ago. There’s no need to jump on new people regarding the quality of their new hacks. Offer helpful criticism, recognize everyone starts somewhere, etc etc.

Before the whole community goes apeshit (I’m too late to stop that but w/e) let me just point out that everyone, myself included, has made a cringey hack in their past. Nobody starts out good. Alfred Kamon’s first version of Midnight Sun was mediocre in quality, Corrupt Theocracy was panned by the community (brutally so, I might add), and I vaguely remember that even Arch made a somewhat lame duck of a first hack. Then those people went on to make Path of the Midnight Sun, Sun God’s Wrath, and Elibian Nights.

It’s fine to criticize this hack, and I highly advise all creators to take criticism to heart while not letting people’s angry or otherwise rude words get under their skin. Everyone starts somewhere. Let us not forget that GhebFE exists, a hack which is alllllll about rape jokes, just… everywhere. Constantly. Rape is hilarious! It’s sooooo funny! That hack exists, and pretty much defined a generation of bad-taste hacks. It even turned Gheb himself into a meme.

Before jumping down Vivider’s throat, I just ask that everyone take a moment to realize most people who make hacks of questionable quality are almost always working on their first project, are typically amateurs, and often have a lot to learn. Focus on giving out strong criticisms and suggestions to improve the hack, rather than looking for “gotchas”.

And Vivider, instead of getting defensive, which I don’t especially blame you for when a whole community is jumping down your throat, but still … instead of getting defensive, try to pick out the useful criticisms. Think about what people are really saying and how you can improve based upon their words. Even if your hack is actually very well-written and not edgy at all and 100% of the community is misrepresenting you, you still have a perception issue.

One way or another, you do have something to fix, so focus on you, ignore the haters, listen to the critics offering sound advice.

This has been a PSA from Grandfather Klok.

To the OP, good work on making your first hack. It’s not particularly good, I’m betting (I have not actually played so I wouldn’t know) but nobody’s first project is.

If you haven’t seen it yet, we have a great directory for all kinds of free to use animations, maps, mugs, all kinds of fun stuff. Check it out if you’re looking to really tap into your creativity in the future :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’re talking about different things. I haven’t commented on the quality of the hack. My issue that I am raising is with objectionable/inappropriate content.

I ask again, why are we talking about masturbation involving “Cute ninja girls” and fetishes in Fire Emblem GBA hackroms?

10 Likes

This is a juvenile issue that can be better solved by offering direct criticism and suggestion for improvement.

That’s true! My suggestion for improvement is not doing that, then.

9 Likes

I am offering direct criticism. I am asking why this content is in this romhack.

8 Likes

Well, as long as we’re still talking about the hack itself, I would assume the answer would be “epic funny”, but only the creator could grace us with the true, canon answer.

funny sex penis?! i laughed!

2 Likes

Yeah, I like this. But maybe less of a suggestion and more “threatening to delete”.

pandan was polite enough to phrase it as constructive criticism, but honestly, as it stands, I don’t want this material on my site.

17 Likes

Thank you, Cam.

6 Likes

After checking this, we can’t afford crude tasteless adult jokes and contents since there are children accessing this forum. (edit: Not to mention there are some uncredited mugs in the patch) OP, please contact me for this and we’ll discuss more about where this thread will go.

10 Likes