Contro's ASM Lineup

FE8 BattleCritCap

In vanilla FE, crit rate has no limit, even after being calculated for battle. This hack changes that by making battle crit cap at 100.

Crit

Download

5 Likes

FE8 Chapter Jump

Been a while, huh? You know how FEBuilder has that cheat that lets you jump straight to a chapter whenever you want? It's about time we buildfilers get that kind of tech.

Along with jumping to a different chapter, you can run events right before making the jump with the included table (Good for loading units and setting flags)

The instructions are in the readme of the github page.

Jump

Source code:

9 Likes

FE8 Javelin Anim Substitution

The vanilla spell animation has a system in place where certain classes have custom javelin throws (Like paladins and Falcoknights. This adaptation of Stan’s hack is designed for easily changing these values to whatever you want.

The reason for this adaptation is so you can have this functionality while having spell loader installed.

Source code:

4 Likes

FE7 Negative Stat Boosts

Something I did a while back, but for some reason never released was an FE7 port of Circles’ negative stat boosts display hack.

FE7_Test.emulator-0

Source Code:

7 Likes

FE8 Send Items On Death

This is a simple ASM hack that automatically sends a dead player unit’s inventory to the convoy.
It should be noted that this is not compatible with the casual mode hack. It should be easy enough to add this hack’s functionality to casual mode however.

ConvoyDeath

Source Code:

21 Likes

FE8 Terrain Window With Res display

A small addition for the terrain window that adds a resistance section.

ASMBuild-2

UPDATE: Highlighting snags and broken walls no longer displays the DEF graphic.

Source Code:

14 Likes

FE8 StatScreen Palette by Allegiance

This is an updated version of @circleseverywhere’s hack of the same name that allows use of four 16 color palettes per allegiance instead of having to use one 16 color palette.

Default player, NPC, and other palettes were made by @Struedelmuffin.

ASMBuild-5
ASMBuild-6
ASMBuild-7

UPDATE: Fixed a bug where opening the statscreen in the world map caused the other palette to be used. Also tweaked the blue palette.

Source Code:

13 Likes

FE8 Swap Battle Animation

Merry Christmas (Eve?) to you all! I have a present I’d like to share with you.

This hack allows you to swap battle animations mid-battle under certain conditions such as skill activations, killing blows, retaliations, and more!

Funny

NOTE: The animation transition will have some artifacting if the base and swapped in animations differ too much. This isn’t a problem if you use the same idle frame for each swap animation.
If a vanilla animation artifacts with a custom animations, try reinserting the vanilla animation.

Big thanks to @HyperGammaSpaces for figuring out how to get animations to swap and sharing the code. Check out his hack, Fire Emblem: Sacred Echoes.

There are two versions of this hack. One compatible with the skill system, and another for use if the skill system isn’t installed.

Source Code:

21 Likes

FE8 Exp By Action

This is a simple hack that lets actions like stealing and summoning award their own exp value instead of sharing an exp value.

Exp

Source Code:

15 Likes

FE8 Battle Forecast Fix

Small bug fix for entering and exiting the battle forecast quickly causing graphical issues.

Before:
Before

After:
After

Source Code:

4 Likes

Does your “FE8 Battle Forecast Fix” make sense for vanilla?
I tried to reproduce it with vanilla ROMs of FE8J and FE8U, but I could not reproduce the glitch.

I kept pressing the A and B buttons alternately for about 20-30 times, but the glitch did not occur in vanilla.
On the other hand, with a ROM with SkilSystems installed, I was able to reproduce the problem.
Is this a SkilSystems issue?
Or is this a bug that can occur in vanilla with a low probability?

This bug does occur in vanilla, but it’s very difficult to pull off, even if you’re trying.
Here’s a video of Sme making it happen with a script:

I also managed to get it to happen after being very fast with my inputs:

It’s easier to make this bug occur in the skill system because the battle calculations extend the window of time you can press B to trigger the bug.
In vanilla, it’s a 1 frame time window.
In the skill system, it’s roughly a 4 frame window.

The fix for this was simply to call Text_ResetTileAllocation during the B press routine for the battle forecast menu.

2 Likes

FE8 Canto Bug Fix

In Fire Emblem 8, there exists a bug where canto doesn’t work after entering the trade/supply menus, backing out without performing a trade or using the convoy, and having the attack command highlighted (See gifs). This is because spaces moved gets set to 255.

The core issue has to do with the attack range preview interfering with how the game decides how far you moved in the turn.

There is, however, another contributing factor.
The game has a system in place to keep track of what actions were performed so it’ll know whether or not to refresh the spaces moved value. It just doesn’t have backing out of a trade/supply use set as a condition.

This hack adds a new condition specifically for when you back out of trading or using the supply.

Before:
CantoBefore

After:
CantoAfter

Source Code:

21 Likes

FE7/FE8 Show Heal Amount Glow

This is a modification of @Tequila’s Show Heal Amount hack that makes the green numbers glow.

GlowFE7
GlowFE8

FE7 version Source Code:

FE8 version Source Code:

13 Likes

FE8 Limited Shop Stock

This hack allows you to limit how many of each item a player may purchase.
These limits apply globally to every shop in a chapter, and may be set by the chapter.

Shop

Installation and usage instructions are in the github.

Source Code:

23 Likes

Small bug fix update for Show Heal Amount:
There was a bug where, if you see a heal preview with glowing green text, then go into an animated battle, the weapon rank increased popup would glow green.
The fix for both versions have been pushed to the repository.

4 Likes

FE8 Inline Hacks Update

Small update for two new things

Text Width

I went and found a few spots where names are limited to 5 tiles in the prep screen, in spite of 6 being able to fit. It's tight in some areas for names that use a lot of the 6th tile, but it's better than overflow garbage.

There’s also an address for making class names fit 9 nine tile names in the stat screen. (Mostly useful for names that are a couple pixels over the 8 tile limit.

Portrait Transparency

In vanilla portraits are semi-transparent when loaded before the text box appears for the first time. This hack makes portraits solid when they load before the text box appears for the first time.

Example of vanilla behavior:
Transparent

Edit: It’s come to my attention that there doesn’t seem to be a public release for this, so…

Steal at Any Speed

Simple two byte hack to remove the speed check when stealing.

Source Code:

4 Likes

I remember you gave me the inline byte for class name width a while ago, but for some reason it didn’t seem to work then. I just tested it with my project now, getting the same result, but then I tested it on a Skillsys-less ROM and it works as intended.

I’m sure MSS pulls the class name width from some other source (which I still need help tracking down), so it’s worth mentioning that this inline change only works in the absence of Skillsys.

The cause for MSS cutting the text off is every page clearing the text in that section using swi 0xC.
Removing or commenting them out makes the text width work as intended.

Vanilla doesn’t do this and I 'm not sure why it’s in MSS.

Here’s a link to a discord message in the FEU server about it:

2 Likes

As usual, you were right. But in this case I wasn’t entirely wrong. Last time I asked about this I commented out the swi 0xC in mss defs as you said, but there was still no change in the stat screen.

That’s because I forgot that the strmag split folder has its own mss defs file that I had to change too lol.

Anyway thank you so much! Now I can finally live out my dreams of Thaumachine not getting cut off by one pixel.

1 Like