CCC - Character Compounding Contest! (Round Six Complete: Bards and Dancers)

This is super cursed and super based.

Well, then.

Round 1: 44 entries submitted by 21 contestants.
Round 2: 21 entries submitted by 13 contestants.
Round 3: 34 entries submitted by 14 contestants.
Round 4: 49 entries submitted by 15 contestants. The biggest round yet!
Round 5: 39 entries submitted by 13 contestants. (Note that it’s more like 36-37 entries because of a few modified ones)
Round 6: 20 entries submitted by 9 contestants.

Definitely a downtick in this round, BUT… still got some awesome entries, so it’s all good!

Let’s get down to business.

Which Dancer/Bard is the best?

0 voters

CranJam’s Phina got that Funky Kong swagger, ngl.

You can vote for 1-3 entries, folks! This poll will end in 72 hours. Have at it!

3 Likes

Damb! What a close call! Wasdye slightly ekes out a win with just two votes more than Vilk! Close call overall, and still, this round had a lot of strong contenders. I’ve added Jey’s Elphin to my personal list of favorite badass remade mugs, along with Sterling’s sultry Homer and Wasdye’s Phina.

I’m switching things up a bit for Round Seven! I’ve decided to try a round consisting entirely of non-GBA characters! For this round, I let Wasdye pick two units, then tossed in a third alt for people with less spriting experience.

Character 1: Mia from FE9/10. She has some mugs in the repo, so she makes for a good base for less-experienced spriters to try out.

Character 2: Astram, from Archanea.

Character 3: Flavia, from FE13.

(Note: All mugs above are from the Repo. You can use them as a base for your own sprites, though obviously starting and making your own is always preferable.)

It is a modern tragedy that Flavia has no assets in the repo. I’ll post the next topic here in a few days, and in the meantime, you guys can mull over or start work on whichever of these characters appeals most to you.

No community voting this round because… frankly I’m too tired to set up a poll. If anything, I might jump for someone the community voted for in one of the previous rounds, but I actually think 4 characters are too many, after this round’s turnout.

See y’all in a few days!

7 Likes

Round 7 is up!

Sorry this took me several days, but it is currently 117F (46.5C) outside and I have been suffering for DAYS. Finally got my AC fixed, now I can return to my normal work.