CCC - Character Compounding Contest! (Round Four Complete: Hugh, Cath, and Lysithea!)

Welcome to round four in my continuation of the previous CCC’s! As one of FEU’s (surprisingly) most popular contests, I’ve decided to spruce things up a bit!

The goal of this contest is to take an existing character (posted at the bottom!) and reimagine, reinvent, or rework them into a new form! What sort of new form? Taking inspiration from FE Heroes and other similar media, you simply redesign the character in one of (but not limited to) the following ways:

• De-age or age up the character. Make them younger, or make them older.
  • Turn them into another character! These ‘cosplay’ edits are not limited to mainline FE games or fangames, you can even do characters from other series, TV, etc.
  • Give the character a new design! Make them jacked, give them cool armor, redesign them from scratch, or whatever your heart desires.
  • Genderbend them! Make Lucius into a boy, or Jaffar into a girl! The possibilities here are endless!
  • RADICALLY redesign them: Make them into crazy demons, angels, Kirby(???), but try to keep the ‘essence’ of the original character in some way.
  • Heck, why not just take a regular character’s design and make them into a halfbody? That could be fun too!

This contest is very free-form. You come up with the character’s redesign and try your best to get people to vote for you!

Here are the rules:

1. All submissions to this contest will be F2U, or even F2E if the submitter is okay with that! This contest involves expanding the resources available for the Portrait Repository, so this is mandatory.
  2. Each round of the contest will feature two mugs; a male and a female character. (Unisex characters can count too; they take up the male or female slot at the host’s discretion)
  3. Artists may create an alternate outfit/design/etc for one or both characters, if they wish.
  4. You may submit multiple designs, if you wish. They will all count toward your one submission vote. (Voters will vote on all of the works you created for the two mugs at once)
  5. No pre-existing artwork! The point of this contest is to expand the repo, so we want new art. Also, it’s unfair to compete against artwork that may have had weeks or months of editing work put into it.
  6. Eye/mouth frames are preferable, but optional. They aren’t necessary, but it would be awesome if you included them!
  7. Characters must either be from Fire Emblem 1-16 (Or whatever the current new game ends up being) or one of the Fire Emblem spinoffs, such as Heroes.
  8. All characters must be sprited in GBA format!
    (Hackbox size is not necessary)
    (Halfbodies/fullbodies are A-OK!)
    (Do try to keep the color count at or below 16 though, that would be great)
  9. Submissions must at least somewhat resemble the original character! Even with the Demon Anna example earlier, it’s still possible to see that she looks like Anna; use that as the extreme guideline.

The winner of each round picks two mugs for the next round! If you want the community to work hard toward making designs for your favorite waifu/husbando, you’ll have to get that top vote!

This competition is very casual. It’s not intended to be a hardcore demonstration of spriting prowess or anything, though that can be fun, too. The primary purpose is to create lots of cool mugs for the community to use.

Here are the winners of the previous rounds:
Round One.
Round Two.
Round Three

The previous round’s winner, Spoon_Rhythm, got to choose the two mugs for this round! As such, they chose two FE6 characters: Hugh and Cath. Additionally, for this round, I have specially added Lysithea as a non-GBA character option for more advanced spriters.

Here are some designs currently listed in the repo for each character.

Hugh:

Third Hugh (Covid Hugh!) was made by CavalryUnits for EDGE.

Cath:

3rd Cath is by Redbean, 4th wall of images are by Spoon_Rhythm.

Lysithea:

Made by Dense. Not F2U/Edit, just here as an example.

Made by SqRtOfPi. Not F2U or F2E.

Lysithea is from Fire Emblem Three Houses. Sadly, as a non-GBA character, she has no assets in the repo. Why not fix that?

For those of you who aren’t sure what sorts of designs you could make, here are the characters’ wiki-pages, complete with alternate designs and artwork.

Hugh’s Gallery: Hugh | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom
Cath’s Gallery: Cath/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom
Lysithea’s Gallery: Lysithea/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom

Remember… really exotic designs work great too! Let’s get some wild, interesting, and diverse character designs going! Reach into your imagination, and first place could be yours!

The deadline for this contest ends on April 14th, a little over two weeks from now!

11 Likes

Let us Begin!
I’ll start off with Cath and Hugh in Matthew and Canas’s outfits respectively.

Untitled149_20210327234804 Untitled149_20210327233814

8 Likes

I might touch these up later, but for now here’s Cath dressing up as Rickard from FE1/3/11/12
Wasd-RiCath
And another based on her shopkeeper design from TMS
Wasd-TMSCath

10 Likes

Yeah the monocle was by far the hardest thing to get correct, i may try to revise it later if i get thed chance

1 Like

cybercath

Cath, raider of the Elibean postcyberapocalypse.

cyberkath-orig

(Might be more recognisable with original colours and without the giant anarchy tat.)

Hugh, meanwhile, looks pretty postcyberapocalyptic already so

here is Hugh, office drone of the Elibean precyberapocalypse. :V

12 Likes

Emperor, I’ve nearly missed it :smiley:

Hmm, hmm… Does anyone has cool ideas/inspirations? I’m not yet sure what should I do… yet. hmm… hmmm…

1 Like

Lysitheo?

Hegemon husk Lysithea?

Because seeing how strong she’s in the game she might as well be a final boss.

You’re getting Liquid Lysithea and you’re going to like it :angry:

4 Likes

First
Lysithea

Edit: (More accurate versions)
image image

7 Likes

@dancer_A @Klokinator This particular disagreement could be better handled through DMs, please leave the topic uncluttered for submissions.

As Lysithea’s an optional character, I think three posts asking specifically for her are a bit much, but it looks like there’s already some interest at least. Looking forward to seeing what people come up with.

1 Like

CathRedesign

An original design I had in the backburner but with a couple of tweaks it´s now a Cath
I´ll probably edit it later, feel like it´s missing something

5 Likes

Here’s Lysithea in GBAFE mage robe!

These mugs are SqRtOfPi’s, if you’re wondering. errorfunction is their other handle.

11 Likes

Interesting, but for now just grab my honest attempt at Lysithea.
LysFE67
(FE 6/7)
LysFE8
(FE8)
LysNerd
(Nerd version)

This isn’t perfect, but it’s the most I could achieve at my skill level.

9 Likes

Here is Lysithea, with a halfbody version
Wasd-LysitheaUPD Wasd-Lysithea-HalfbodyUPD

Also, have this
Wasd-MiniLysitheaUPD

I was planning on posting these earlier, but my computer decided to die, so that was fun

Edit: I forgot to remove the color pallets on the original (those had more than 16 colors)

5 Likes

Well she looks psychotic.

(as she should XD)

She’s awesome! Only question, why the blue hair and not white?

Something about her feels a bit off from Cath… perhaps the eyes? She doesn’t scream ‘Cath’ to me, but still a great sprite!

Based Levin.

I definitely like the FE8 version the most :open_mouth:

So cute!

So horrifying!

Truly fantastic turnout so far! Great job, everyone! Love all the submissions.

4 Likes

I struggled with the hair and it was getting late so I just rolled with it

Edited my post with white haired versions

1 Like

莉斯缇亚(头像)
Sorry for keeping everyone waiting. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18 Likes

LysMale
Did someone say Lysitheos?

3 Likes