CCC - Character Compounding Contest! (Round Four Complete: Hugh, Cath, and Lysithea!)

Here’s a few Hugh’s because we only got 2 so far.
Look ma, no hand!
Wasd-HughNoHand
Kind of custom version
Wasd-HughCust2

Also, I don’t really understand why you guys are scared of this, what’s wrong with it?
Wasd-MiniLysitheaEvil (1)

5 Likes

He’s thicc and he’s huugh.

3 Likes

rennacath
Rennacath

7 Likes

Me!

(Filler text)

莉斯缇亚(头像) 莉斯缇亚(头像2)
adjust again.
莉斯缇亚(头像6) 莉斯缇亚(头像5) 莉斯缇亚(头像4) 莉斯缇亚(头像3)
there is a follow-up.
莉斯缇亚after(头像) 莉斯缇亚after(头像3) 莉斯缇亚after(头像5) 莉斯缇亚after(头像4) 莉斯缇亚after(头像2)
grow up!

22 Likes

Young adult Cath
Cath
I made a splice recently using the back part of Cath’s hair, so I figured that was enough justification to make this. That splice was my lovable old barmaiden Nancy. From there, I changed some more of the hair, a bit of the shading, the eyes, the mouth, a few parts of the clothes, removed the wrinkles, and added the scarf. I’m pretty happy with how she turned out!

21 Likes

Hugh would actually be 2 during the blazing blade but let’s ignore that for a minute and have a squishy smol boi full of rage
FE7 Hugh

13 Likes

This is my favorite Redbean Lysithea so far.

This Cath is sooooo good, N426. Awesome!

Cute, pinchable little cheeks!

Still got 11 days before the deadline! Lots of time :smiley:

3 Likes

I present Villager!Cath and Lord!Hugh

Cath Edit CCC Hugh Edit CCC

Both of these are F2U/F2E, I haven’t checked the blinking frames, so those might need to be editted if you want to insert them into a hack.

8 Likes

bald

Hugh

2 Likes

Isn’t that Dense’s Lysithea? Did you get permission to edit her?

Even if you did, the point of this competition is to create new mugs, not to post or edit old ones.

I see, It’s a misunderstanding from my part, I thought it was a base Image to use, I’ll delete my post…

1 Like

That’s OK, bro. You didn’t know.

1 Like

If that’s the case, you’ll have to disqualify a lot of other entries too, though. Most of the Hugh/Cath ones are based on the original portraits. This case is unusual since it’s not a gba character to start with, but i think it’d be fine to do edits for other characters as well? As long as the portraits being edited are f2e, at least.

1 Like

I guess I misspoke. Splicing vanilla mugs is expected, but… editing other people’s work isn’t? Maybe that’s not the point. Idk.

Anyway, I don’t think Dense’s Lys is F2E.

I have no idea. I’m just a dumb old man :sob:

Please, forgot, I’ve deleted the post so don’t continue. I’ll ask Dense, or make my own lysithea, but that’s not the point…

You can edit sprites but most often is just editing the original sprites.

Hey, we’re sitting around editing a bunch of gba games, everyone’s old and stupid here.

My immediate reaction is just that allowing edits of f2e assets (so not this particular one, but in general) seems reasonable if we allow edits of original portraits, but i don’t have super strong feelings on it so i’m not going to argue if you decide otherwise. Might be good to make a note in the next op if there is a policy on this sort of thing, though.

Sure, but knowing what the rules are for these things could still be useful for others in the future.

I would disagree. The entire point of the contest is to make something new and interesting, at least for me. Editing original IS sprites is fine as they serve as basis of how we see many characters and were the original art for them.
Despite the fact that you can edit F2E assets and use them and even publish them I don’t think it should qualify in this particular contest.

I suppose if the edit was really significant like a whole new outfit, if you had permission to make the edit, and if you weren’t directly editing another contest submitter’s sprite (like editing Levin’s Lysithea from earlier to have a new outfit, because then you’d be taking his contest-specific sprite and competing against him with his own work) then it should be fine.

In the previous case, Dense’s sprite was barely touched. Looked like a little hair edit. Were Dense to give permission, and were the edit to be much more significant, I’d allow it.

Anyway, I don’t think I made it clear enough in the OP that Dense’s sprite was not a ‘base’ to work off. That’s on me.

1 Like