Can i reverse event assembler? atchualy i had a complete backup file so everything is ok

i tried aplying the patch to my hack and it got corupted which whould be about 1 mounth of work lost but i had a file i sende to my beta tester which toned that down to about 8/12 h of work so i atcidentaly apled some wrong patch to my game and it delited everything i cant even enter in it with fe builder

so i tried to dissassembel but i dont know how so first i selected none lated i selected main and stil nothing is there a way to fix this

i found a backup file i forgot i had so everything is ok

Short answer: not really
Long answer: if you still have the file you applied you could try to calculate where and how much data was overwritten and attempt to revert it, though it’s a lengthy process.
This is the reason we advocate buildfiles, or great caution if you aren’t using them

i used this file : REDAs inside ir says :ALIGN 4
REDA0R0:
REDA [0,0] 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
REDA0R1:
REDA [0,1] 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0…

If there’s no ORG then you just wrote a lot of junk to the beggining of your ROM, compare that to a clean one on a hex editor and if that’s the case you’ll be able to just copy and past-write the damaged area over.

1 Like

OMG i forgot i alvays have a save backup filee god gave me a second chance

OMG i forgot i alvays have a save backup filee god gave me a second chance !

if you insert EA with From FEBuilderGBA Open->Insert EA,
if you forget to write ORG, it will automatically reject the write.
FEBuilderGBA has a function to automatically protect the beginning area of ROM.

If there is a backup, it is easiest way to return to that backup.

It is possible to merge with the diff debug tool, but it is slightly more complicated, so it is not recommended for beginners.
If you want to do it, I will explain the vedio, later …?

1 Like

well i tehnicly still dont need it in my demo (first 6 ch) you dont gat a mage so it will be useful later but no need for it now i was just planing for the future

If you’re using FEBuilder, I’m not sure how REDA Helpers would be useful to you, but whatever. :man_shrugging: