Azure Seal: The Sword of Life and Death

Azure Seal: The Sword of Life and Death

Plot/Premise/Setting:

In the beginning of time there was nothing but the void of space, filled with the gentle starlight. The void seemed silent, yet ever so faintly a song could be heard, both from an immense distance and yet it would seem so close that you could reach out and touch it. This song, a sonata in the dark was sung by the goddess of life and her beloved who represented her opposite.

For ages unknown they wandered pathways created by moonlight and starlight. Until they happened upon a curious sight which brought their eternal wandering to an end. They descended from the stars to a world that was naught but bleak rock and soil. It was here that she gazed on the earth and saw sorrow where there should be joy of life. It was here where he saw the wild untamed world and saw the promise of where the law of starlight and death.

Within the goddess’ hand did he have his own clasped as she reached into her own robes of woven white moonlight where she withdrew a single seed of bright hope. She stepped away from her beloved and let her feet barely touch the ground. She knelt and dug a hole where she planted that hope, that promise of life anew and without another word she buried it in the bleak earth with unveiled hope.

Her beloved offered his hand and together they stood with their gazes conjoined before she led them into a song. This song spoke of both of them and what they represented. Of harmony, life, love and also of order and death. Their song, their solemn prayer reached out to the seed of hope and nurtured it like how a parent would nurture their child. With each passing moment as their melody grew as did the seed and before after a mighty tree had replaced it. Soon a flower would bloom from its wiry branches one by one. The first granted light to the world and the second granted color.

Their voices harmonized and caused the tree to reach its peak and soon many of the flowers bloomed before a breeze lifted them from the tree branches and scattered them around the world. Soon the goddess and her beloved departed back to the void where they became one with it as one of the moons representing its two sides of light and dark. This is how the world came to be.

About:

Azure Seal: The Sword of Life and Death is a project that has been in the back of my head for years. It originally started as a forum based Fire Emblem roleplay back in the day of invision free roleplay forums. It will follow the story of a elven bard with a mournful past in a world that has been scarred by darkness ages past. Currently I am toying around with the Lex Talinonis Engine to construct it, but as I have in complete sprites for the main lord aka the bard, progress is slow.

Planned features:

• Gripping storyline filled with love, loss and darkness (High Dark Fantasy)
  • Engaging maps
  • Branching class system like sacred stones
  • A cast of unique characters
Screenshots

Screenshots:

Information/Links

Below is some documentation on the project as well as a discord server link:

Azure Seal - Google Docs

Azure Seal Classes - Google Sheets

Azure Seal

Credits

Credits:

• Azure Seal and its concepts are the creation of Starlit.

• More credits will come as the project proceeds.

5 Likes

Ayo, that’s dope! Looking foward to seeing it

1 Like

Its going to be a long progress, as I have to transcribe old concepts from my brain to paper as the forum it was originally coined on does not exist anymore. But thank god for my old photo bucket. My first goal to proceed is to get the main characters portrait, map sprite and battle animations done. I have a still portrait, still map sprite, sword attacking frames (non crit), magic using frames (non crit).

I lack crit, and dodge frames and a harp using frames. Not to mention all existing sprites I have need to be formatted into the right format.

Any unique classes?

possibly, I know the main character is basically a hybrid of a mage fighter and bard that becomes mounted eventually. I originally planned to make him a flyer but baby steps.

Might have some unique classes based on races since there will be elves, Dwarves etc

2 Likes

Aight cool

That would be dope to see

Expect a flood of hybrid melee/magic units since that’s my thing. But then again that will need to be balanced so maybe not hugely.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind it but yeah it probably should be balanced

mhm, but hey at least we get a gish bard lord :smiley:

Hell yeah!

But I am considering his ability to sacrifice his turn to renew another’s turn would be limited and a dancer unit would become available much later on perhaps.

Alright cool

And ayo, welcome to the community! I’m new here so I’m kinda getting the hang of things

thank you, I am actually an old member of the Fire Emblem Community. First time on FEU though. I was on FE Fusion back in the day when it existed.

1 Like

No problem and i think i’ve heard of FE fusion

Its an old one back from the early two thousands. Anyways back on subject. I might eventually setup a discord server, and I am likely going to be looking for a spriter or two.

As a feature I would like to add is uniqueish sprites for player units and bosses.

1 Like

Yeah, i’m gonna look for one as well for my project

best of luck, it can be costly

1 Like

Same to you and don’t worry, I know

thankfully it should not be so for me as I have the bulk ready for the main character