Clara - my first female splice
412895ce13269d19410306bc75c73683d463ddd3
This guy I made for EDGE
Edgy mercenary
Edgy mercenary for everyone!

Not F2U/F2E

pixil-frame-0 (41) Yvanker, for this hack

11 Likes

Focusing on the first one…Marisa’s head is tilted a bit downward, so to make her hair work with a head that’s not tilted, you’ll need to shift the front part up and the rear bit down.

The perspective on the collar is weird, with part of it going over her chin when the rest seems like it’s fairly tight fitting

You should also look into how to do anti-aliasing, which is the method of softening/smoothing lines that would otherwise seem sharp, like where the hair and skin colours meet.

alias

Finally, this isn’t necessary for just pixel art, but if you want usable gbafe graphics, you also have to think about palettes. Each portrait can only have 16 colours, one of them a transparent background and one an outline, so that leaves 14 to play with. Here, for instance, you should make sure the armour trim shares colours with the skin to save on space. If you don’t have a program that makes working with a palette easy already, usenti is a free alternative.

Here’s a very quick and dirty concept:

hair

Since you’re just starting out, i think you should look up some basic pixel art tutorials. It will let you build a stronger foundation to base your edits on. You can find these both in written form around the net, or in video format on youtube if you find that easier to follow.

3 Likes

Here you have an edgy mercenary:
Edgy mercenary
He’s F2U, I may fix the bandana soon…

3 Likes

Update of this guy5af240568c2663a082dc8ddaff5cd6cb5f3847bf
Credit to @Markex133 for helping me fixing the eyes

3 Likes

Nice job on these splices, my favourite of the 3 so far is the Orange Knight guy.

Looking at these reminds me of working on my own splices :thinking:

Now he’s insertable, but I have to animate eyes/mouth…
pixil-frame-0 (54)

2 Likes

New one, not F2U/F2E this time: pixil-frame-0 (41)

3 Likes

He looks like the father of your profile pic.

You’re getting better.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Fair enough, as my profile pic is a roy recolor and he is a splice using eliwood…