Animation Directory

Anyone know where I could find the axe knight animation by PrimeFusion but not formatted for GBA rom hacks? So just each frame by itself? Thanks.

The version of the axe armor animation on Emblem Anims should have each frame as an individual image. If you plan on editing the animation, you could use that.

There’s also SALVAGED Knight, which is pretty much better in every way than the vanilla FEGBA sprite. Unless you’re working with Lex Talionis or something, where updating animations is more trouble than it’s worth.

1 Like

I think he means the axe cavalier, since The Blind Archer made the axe armor. Same goes for the cavalier, just use the SALVAGED animations.

1 Like

This is why I hate the word Knight in Fire Emblem. It’s never consistent whether people are talking about the mounted horse people, or the 4-move armored people. And sometimes you get pegasus knights, or wyvern knights, or dracoknights (that are different than wyvern knights), or a whole bunch of other stuff involved, and that’s when my head starts hurting.

1 Like

Yes I mean Axe Cavalier. little confusing haha. What do you mean SALVAGED animations?

1 Like

This post should explain it pretty well.

A group of spriters known as Team SALVAGED (yes, in all caps) has created several free-to-use animations, meant to be improvements on the vanilla ones. As of right now, they have publicly released custom animations for the Cavalier, Paladin, and armored Knight, featuring several weapon types and some high-quality art.

Three Houses called them armored knights. I personally call them armor knights. Knight works well as a soldier like class, but not for the armored knights.

1 Like

So then we use Cavalier for the mounted units, Armor/Armor Knight for the 4-move low-RES units, and then everybody’s mostly happy? Except for when we have to deal with situations like this, when somebody else is using “Knight” as generic terminology for one or the other, and it’s back to being confusing.

And don’t get me started on Shaman, or the dragon/wyvern riding classes…

1 Like

Personally, I call cavaliers cavaliers when they’re just the standard lance variant, but I call them sword/lance/axe/bow knights for weapon variants.

Wyvern/dragon depends on whether the mount is a wyvern or a dragon. In GBA, the mount is a dragon, so I call it dracoknight, but keep the wyvern name for the wyvern knight.

I don’t like shaman either, I like SoV’s name of Arcanist for the class, and Sorcerer for the promoted counterpart. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference.

2 Likes

I just call the weapon variants Sword/Lance/Axe cavs, for absolute clarity. Since sometimes, you have weapon variant armors, and then it goes back to being confusing.

I like calling the dark mages Sorcerer/Warlock. But sometimes you start playing FEXNA, where the Shaman/Druid is a completely different class, and then you can’t talk about Magnus or Zandeji without somebody getting confused.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not a fan of standard FE class names, while I’m used to most of them, some of the aforementioned ones do bother me. As long as the class itself is obvious and doesn’t share the name with an already existing class, (like your example) it doesn’t matter.

I usually use the gba class name with weapon prefixed - Axe Cavalier and Axe Knight. Generally that’s just internal though, ingame I just name them all Cavalier or Knight.

1 Like

So, I scritped the Princess Celica animation made by RedBean. Credit goes to RedBean for the images.

Princess Celica
lorf_sw1
lorf_mg1

44 Likes

Holy shit, 48 upvotes? I’ve never seen a number that high, and that FAST, in all my time at FEU.

Honestly i think IS shall hire him/her to make FE6/7/8 REMASTERED.

It is 57 now, and I am shocked,too.

2 Likes

For the record; the number one post on FEU has 76 upvotes. Your animation is now at #2 across the whole site.

People freaking love Lilina!

1 Like

I made a reddit post describing a remake of FE6 with Lilina as a second lord with a special class and stuff. That looks exactly as I imagined

Hey there!

Thanks to RedBean, we get another Celica animation. This time it’s her unpromoted priestess self. Many thanks to RedBean for the frames so I could script them.

In another notice, I updated the Princess Celica link because I changed the script a bit.

Priestess Celica
Sword Magic

29 Likes

If only we could get Lilina to 69 upvotes. Come on, guys! Smash that like button!

1 Like