1 Screen Mapping Blitz/Challenge

Do they need to be gameplay maps or can they be cutscene-focused maps as well?

1 Like

I’ll go ahead and say that as long as it’s 1 screen / 15x10, then go for it! Just be sure to specify as such when submitting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/do87wy9o5ckvc4l/littlefort.tmx?dl=1

This is F2U and F2E

A rather simple fort with an alternate route in the treasure room. With the breakable walls, it could work as seize or even defend.

6 Likes

smallboat
F2U/F2E.

4 Likes

F2E/F2U

one screen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19zuV9mi7B_B1ISMfnHLKRJLITRPmv-vs/view?usp=sharing

3 Likes

I made this.

“Now, wait a moment, my popular and good-looking friend RandomWizard!”, you might be saying. “This map isn’t 15x10 at all! It’s 29 tiles wide and 19 tiles tall! That’s almost twice the limit!”

Is it now?

In fact, I designed this map to split almost perfectly into four 15x10 maps, all overlapping and using different styles and themes.

Top Left: The Fortress

A small fortress, heavily inspired by Chapter 3 of Dracor Saga (TDAWS’s WIP hack). Likely run by bandits. You start in the bottom right, and the objective is to Seize. Thieves steal from the chests, and there’s some other time-sensitive objective in the bottom left; a green unit getting slowly beat up, maybe?

Top Right: The Courtyard

A building courtyard, relatively well-kept and gardened. You start in the middle, and the objective is to defend against reinforcements from all sides. There’s a boss in the bottom right, perhaps?

Bottom Left: The Harbor

Mainly inspired by 1-1 of Vision Quest, and 2-1 of Last Heavenly Throne. Start on the boat in the bottom left, and dash to safety in the top right while fleeing pursuit. Long-range enemies are in the guard towers. The map’s a mite chokepointy; I recommend adding fliers, using very few units, or both.

Bottom Right: The Wilderness

A relatively simple stroll through forests and cliffs. Start in the top right, and the goal is to reach the top road. It doesn’t have any particular side objectives yet, but maybe you could put a recruitable enemy on the far left?

As long as you give credit, this map and all permutations of it are free to edit. It uses this edit to the village tileset, made by N426, Zoramine, and Vennobennu.

Download the full 29x19 map here. Any decent map editor, including FEBuilder, should be able to crop it down to whatever size you want.

28 Likes

If FEE3 hadn’t swallowed all my hearts, you’d get one. Pretty hilarious concept, and it works well!

3 Likes

You super overdelivered Random, and I’m here for it!

5 Likes

I made 3 maps. Completely F2U and F2E, as I won’t ever use these, and I like mapping blitzes. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S_SSLBkkmtXQyyITpQB-KcmkrQ5fL4f2?usp=sharing

10 Likes

mblitzpreview
Made this for my current project. Basically a stage with balconies on the bottom, set up as a spectacle for the villains. Meant to be a map that you’re meant to clear in one turn by reaching the exit on the top right. Here’s the player and enemy layout if you want a clearer picture:
preview3
Free to use and free to edit.
7 Likes

Like Random’s map(s), this uses the edited Village Tileset by N426, Zoramine, and Venno. This is F2U/F2E - just a map that I wanted to have some fun making and contribute.

This is the base map:
Garlan Village - N426 Updated Village

It comes with the requisite tile changes for the villages (yes, I’m evil and require a flying unit (or someone to be Warped) to get the bottom-left village) as well as a tile change to add a plank to cross the stream at the top of the map:
Garlan Village 2 - N426 Updated Village

And, it wouldn’t be a map from me if I didn’t have some kind of element that modified the map in more of a drastic way, this time being the barrel on the right side. Chalk up an event where it goes “Boom!” and you have a fresh new hole in the wall for units to pass through (while also getting rid of the “chokepoint” on the stairs):
Garlan Village 3 - N426 Updated Village

The nice thing about this is that it can really be any kind of map - Escape, Rout, Defeat Boss, Defend/Survive (run around in circles being chased like in FE10 1-9 for example)… whatever your heart might have in mind to use it for.

17 Likes

These feel like authentic maps :slight_smile:

1 Like

QUANTITY OVER QUALITY AMIRIGHT???

Download the TMX here.

4 Likes

This is my first Fire Emblem map I ever made, and admittably this tileset had a few confusing things, but overall I think I made a solid first map. The goal I had in mind is to reach the throne and seize from the boss, and the walls surrounding the bottom carpets will be guarded by two enemies, the chest key can be obtained (if you dont have one already) from one of the chests so you can unlock the door, or you wear down the breakable wall at the risk of the boss attacking the person wearing down the wall while reinforcements wear the party down. I also think enemies in the throne room itself is a must for this map, however I’ll let the people adding the enemies decide what to do. Free to use and do whatever with it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZHCCv4Hk6c3mCzi_PE3FXyBUVyfmQbvb/view?usp=sharing

4 Likes

15 x 10 Map
I read this and though: “Man, you never have done a map this small.” So here is my Map. I made a snow map cause I love this tileset. And I think there are not enough snow maps here. So feel free to use or edit this.

4 Likes

Of course, for any mapping challenge, I had to make a snow map! Specifically, I used the Snowy Bern tileset for it. The idea is that there are two rival pirate gangs that live on those fort islands in the corners, and the player takes control of the top left group to go defeat the bottom right group and seize their fort, while reaching the village before the other group/the mountain bandits nearby. You may even find some sunken treasure if you swim around in the right spots. What are those pillars for? Perhaps the residents of the village can tell you more… Also it’s F2U/F2E, so enjoy!

Link for map

And here’s a version with fewer pillars in case you prefer that.

6 Likes

Have you ever needed to break some useless green units out of jail? Well then, here’s the map for you!
Prison
Your units can enter from the right side, while enemy reinforcements can arrive from the left. You can put units (or treasure!) in the cells at the top.
Download
edit: F2U/F2E forgot to say it before because stupid.

2 Likes

TinyFortress
Tiny Fortress. The bottom stairs aren’t actually passable but I don’t really care, put an enemy archer or something there to piss off the player lol

Here’s the file

8 Likes

map

I’d have felt bad if I didn’t contribute something.
Just, please don’t expect me to enjoy making small maps.

forgot to say in original post, f2u f2e like every other map i make.

11 Likes

Shit, Zoramine just shared a small map. I think he’s been hacked :confused:

1 Like