Your first Fire Emblem game?

• Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light
  • Fire Emblem: Gaiden
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
  • Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (hardcore af)
  • Fire Emblem: Binding Blade
  • Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
  • Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Fire Emblem: Fates

0 voters

5 Likes

No BSFE? 0/10

4 Likes

From the few games I have completely played(from prologue(s) to endgame)[8, 11]{6,7,12 I have played partially}, I feel like Shadow Dragon is a good starter because the growths are sometimes garbage and magical units would not gain defense by default(and vis versa), and thus, these horrible growths accustom you to what a standard level-up would be in that game(including no stat-ups at all). Then when I played Sacred Stones, when Franz(or some physical unit) gained defense, it blew my mind. That was when I realized that mages could gain defense and knights would have some resistance growths.

1 Like

Awakening baby myself, something I’m not overly proud of because of the stigma that comes with it, but I’ve played each FE since then so I consider myself a big fan.

Fe7 back in 2002/2003/whenever it came out
I’m getting old

3 Likes

I started with FE8, so I’ll admit that Shadow Dragon’s growths feel very odd to me. In the original FE1, Mages didn’t draw power from any stat other than tome might. They changed that in Shadow Dragon, but didn’t really adjust resistance growth rates on physical units to compensate. Likewise with mages being super frail. FE8 is fairly easy to learn the ropes with due to the gradual expansion of gameplay through the pre-route split chapters, and it’s one of the easier games in the franchise overall thanks to the resurrection of grind emblem. Still, it was a pretty solid entry point for new players.

5 Likes

I agree, even if FE8 isn’t in my personal top five, it’s a fantastic starter imo. It’s the closest mainstream FE has gotten to doing grinding right imo, with TRS actually doing it right, and while it’s difficulty rollercoasters too much for my taste, it’s still a solid starting point.

path of radiance was the first i ever actually played but shadow dragon was the first i actually owned. Not the best starting point but shadow dragon remains one of my faves to this day.

1 Like

FE7! I remember this first game i played promoting Guy at level 13. llol

best thing about starting with 7: lyn mode hand holding isn’t awful

5 Likes

I agree with that. Also, I don’t remember a lot of FE games (didn’t play the 3DSFE) Having a tutorial showing how to handle most of the basic situations the game can put you in. (survive/def/Seize/Class strenghts…)

sacred stones
i had 4 units on ch15: eirika, seth, innes, saleh
yay me

2 Likes

What’s funny is that you don’t really need more than those 4.

I did; I never beat ch15 lol

3 Likes

I remember from elementary school and my friend had Sacred Stones and I wanted to to the link arena battle, so I set to make my strongest force(I was maybe a little farther than half-way through), but I looked at my friend’s file/army and saw only Eirika and Seth. Because of that, I made my army only Ross(we never battled because we both had it on the 3DS, and link arena did not work without the “link”).
During my first play-through of Shadow Dragon, and also my first Fire Emblem game play-through ever, instead of having Marth and Jagen, it was actually Marth and Barst. I think I liked his blue hair and the fact that he looked cool. Somehow, I managed to beat the game(thanks to generics) and used the Aum staff on Merric([by complete chance]which resulted in me getting the convo between him and Elice).

I got Blazing Sword from emuparadise or coolrom, and playing those, I loved the crap out of it. Awakening hadn’t come out yet, and with my 12-year old (I think 12) limited knowledge of emulating, that and Sacred Stones were the only fire emblem games I could get my hands on. Blazing Sword is still my favorite, although I should get to playing the Tellius games…

First one i ever actually played was POR but i was really young at the time and it was my cousins copy that i was playing in his room when i was avoiding family. I was really confused by it and did not really like it at the time but i was like 8 or something. first game I owned was shadow dragon, and i remember being really bad at it and letting a bunch of my units dying before putting it to the corner. Shadow dragon remains my personal favorite though so idk. I think i emulated a few of em after that but the first one i really got into was radiant dawn. I still rather like radiant dawn and it and por have some of the best world building in the series, with radiant dawn having some memorable character building including elencia who i hate in POR but love in radiant dawn, but POR having basically the best character building on a whole in the series.

The 90’s babies played Blazing Sword or Sacred Stones first. (I am one of them. ) XD

3 Likes

I played FE1 untranslated. It was a blast, except in some areas, but it was rather decent.

The first time I played was FE3.

I was trying to clear it by only counterattacks.
(I will not attack at all. Right of self-defense or Exclusively Defense-Oriented Policy? )

At that time, at Famitsu (in English, la book like Nintendo Power?),
Mr. Kaga’s FE’s characters and stories commentary column were posted.

2 Likes