Welcome to the Library of Alexandria

Sorry for the downtime, everybody! I tried installing some plugins (which requires you to use a shell console), and obviously failed in doing so.

https://github.com/werweisswas/discourse-plugin-tagger

These were the three I tried to grab. A checklist markdown, tags for topics, and shared edits. Maybe I’ll give it another go sometime, now that I’ve got a proper backup/know how to get the forum back.

1 Like

FEU has always been the fandom innovator. All the most important tools in the Japanese and English communities sprouted from FEU first.

I posted about this in the EN thread over on Serenes, but I just wanted to mention here too (since this forum’s my baby) that I’ll be without a home internet connection for the next few months. Real life shit hits the fan at the most opportune times, ya know. My mother’s being served divorce papers by her 2nd husband; we’re gonna be moving out of our house in the very near future, and living a very financially minimalist lifestyle.

During my leave of absence, @CT075 is the interim admin of FEU. There’ll be no coup d’tats, no mob rule; no elections will be held. This is Marshall Law mafuckas.

1 Like

all shall bow before me

yay?

(A-at temp admin, not Arch’s real life shenanigans)

New year new dictatorship I suppose.

Oh look at that. The forum will be dead for two months by the time you return then :frowning:

http://i.imgur.com/lVEdLbX.png

Joke’s on you, Klok. I’m fond of all the green numbers; except, of course, “emails sent.” Just a reminder that y’all can set preferences for that!

1 Like

YOU NEVER LEFT

SO YOU NEVER RETURNED

AND IT HASN’T BEEN TWO MONTHS

fukin nub

you dun even know how gone I was bruh

:wink:

1 Like

I keep meaning to ask, didn’t the original Library of Alexandria get burned down by people who didn’t like the knowledge stored inside?

1 Like

are you hinting at some sort of impending attack from 4ch or something

(not that it would matter - our library is a lot more likely to self-destruct from arch forgetting to pay for hosting kek)

Also we have backups of the library too, so.

[quote=“CopyBotJ, post:1, topic:930”]
Hey FEU! About 4 months ago, a bunch of FE fans from 4chan came up with an idea to make a shitty hack from a bunch of our stupid characters.[/quote]
already happened

plsnokill

1 Like

implying that it’s all bad there

FEU is just so cool that when we’re “attacked”, the “assailants” are actually showering us with gifts.

2 Likes

Okay, so I guess I need to make a PSA about some policy changes: upon reflection, and the realization that we had established no actual warning policy, we’ve established two thresholds for “punishment”: after receiving 10 flagged posts, a user will be suspended for the week; 10 more flags after a suspension is banhammer.

Basically, the flagging system is a way of outsourcing the judgment of a post’s merit to the community members - if you think it’s spam, go ahead and flag it. That’s the main rule I care about, let’s just keep this place nice and tidy. Off-topic? Who cares, really? Free-flowing discussion is healthy, and if an “off-topic” comment thread exceeds 5 posts, it will be split off into its own topic accordingly. There’s a difference between a tangential conversation and spammy derailment; again, I’m more concerned about the latter. It’s been a relatively isolated issue for the forum as a whole, but I figured we should actually establish some ground rules. Staff will review the flags, and either accept or reject the claim.

1 Like

Guys… it’s almost been two years :smiley: !

2 Likes

Time flies ( ._.)

Two years ago… The universe was born. The FE Universe, that is.

Long live the revolution! (Shouts of “Long live!”.)

2 Likes