Welcome to the Library of Alexandria

Hey there! I just joined.
I have to say, great work so far!
This site is fantastic. The graphic interface is delightful, the resources are useful, and overall it seems a great place for both aspirant and veteran hackers. Bravi!
I’ll be lurking around for quite a while~

Here I am. Gonna have to mess with this for a while to get the hang of it but it seems like a cool idea.

I can bring over some of my battle frame stuff if you want (possibly redo it with less arbitrary swearing XD)

I’m doing some heavy graphics this summer too so I should have concrete notes (my ones from the DoF rework are pretty much the ravings of a lunatic, fairly undecipherable) on statsheets etc to post :smile:

Good to see a new forum for this specifically !

2 Likes

Fuck yeah Jubs in the house! Happy to have you, man!

And Nintenlord and Alfred. We’ve got a pretty good crowd shaping up.

1 Like

What happened to cafe? Yo. Cool to have the part of Serenes I actually pay attention to in one place. Liking ability and threaded comments are cool. Now I don’t have to consider following every one of Agro’s satirical posts with a post just saying “lol”. Generally looks better than Serenes good.

Interested, is much discussion of the writing of hacks and those yeti games forseen?

How intro is this topic?

Cafe was a total dud. So I figured I’d scrap it and start anew.

Discussion is whatever the community decides to discuss. I’d love to have topics about plot concepts and writing hacks. I went ahead and made a category for writing topics.

1 Like

The format of this place is definitely something to get used to.
And I need to actually put this in one of my tabs whenever I start Firefox.

…I can’t believe I became a member of the FE ROM hacking community way back when because of my stupid waifu BS. Well, I guess it had its uses.

Cheers to you all, comrades!
To the resurrection (hopefully) of our glorious days of old and to good times ahead!

2 Likes

Discourse is actually a pretty neat looking forum software, it definitely takes some getting use to though. It is good to see a place dedicated to the fan game development side of FE. =)

1 Like

To help facilitate organization, I make a motion that we create a mega-thread dedicated solely to indexing all the collective work we do. Maybe a section for documentation, a section for patches, a section for asm hacks… And perhaps try to group them logically as well, e.g., the asm hacks that stem from the information in a doc can go along with that.

4 Likes

This forum is like the ultimate fishing rod for hackers, and we’re catching some pretty big fish as of late.

…Just a lame way to say that thanks to this place, some talented people have appeared out of the blue. Thanks for creating this, Arch.

thank me, I’m the one who made the chat

Thanks Matto-sama— Wait, why the hell do you have a random glowing magical animu stick next to your name?

Wait… what?

Edit: oh that thing, I think it’s because I’m moderator or something.

2 Likes

I have to say that I’m glad to see a revival in the hacking community! There’s a ton of information here and it’s great to have it all in one dedicated place. I’m looking forward to seeing this place flourish with new ideas and projects!

Can I just say that I’m loving how this place is shaping up? Because I really couldn’t be happier with it. Thanks to all who’ve come and made this a great community! I’m excited for the advances we’re making as a group, and excited to see people coming together to make this a more enjoyable and exciting hobby with a lower barrier to entry. Can’t wait to see what the future brings!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure we’ve made more advances in a month than SF has made in the last like… two years.

5 Likes

Seriously. It’s kinda amazing, and kinda depressing.

2 Likes

Also, fyi, the way i found this place was because I saw on Youtube that Arch had uploaded something like, for the first time in forever(it was the branched promotion in FireShell), and I was like, “That’s really cool! I guess the hacking community is having a revival or something? What’s FireShell?” I looked around more of his videos and found the ranged weapon test and the link to FireShell. And FEU2… FEU is a powerful name, and this just seemed so much like a revival and the atmosphere seems nice… And then I joined and had crazy asm hax sprout out of me…

3 Likes

wasn’t FEditor posted on FEU first too

before the EA even

I can’t really recall which came first. They were both first posted on FEU, though.

Both came into existence while I worked on FE4A, but I remember doing the early stages with a text parser and some old graphics editor that GBAGE replaced for portraits.

1 Like

Sorry for the downtime, everybody! I tried installing some plugins (which requires you to use a shell console), and obviously failed in doing so.

https://github.com/werweisswas/discourse-plugin-tagger

These were the three I tried to grab. A checklist markdown, tags for topics, and shared edits. Maybe I’ll give it another go sometime, now that I’ve got a proper backup/know how to get the forum back.

1 Like