Weird custom spell animation error?

anyone ever run into this before?

all of my frames are 488x160, and I’m using the ‘object layer’ for my spell.

what the actual fuck though, i wanted to avoid using background frames because my animations is really small and white colored… so shit gets ugly with the whole shrinking and stretching. Each frame is 488x160. Idk if its the script that is the issue or what…

/// - Start Animation
C00
C00
C00
C00
C00
C00
C00
C000040
C101029
O p- blank.PNG
B p- blankbg.PNG
O p- s1.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s2.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s3.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s4.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s5.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s6.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s7.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s8.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s9.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s10.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s11.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s12.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s13.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s14.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
O p- s15.PNG
B p- blankbg.png
C51
O p- blank.PNG
B p- blankbg.PNG
/// - End Animation

Um,

the fuck?

you can only have 4 consecutive object frames in a row for an animation? Because its working now but if i go passed 4 feditor gets fucky

I don’t think so, I have an animation with 45 consecutive object frames and it works fine (Except if it is used two times in the game, the second time looks a bit messy)

Are you using the render edition of FEditor?

nope just my normal feditor. im trying to compare mine with aircalibur… and yheah that one is all object frames

Try using this FEditor:

is that what you use?

Yes, it solves some problems with the CSA creator.

should i be using my ROM in different types of feditors? is that unsafe somehow, @Mikey_Seregon?

LOLNOPE

still getting that error if i go past 4 object frames

Do all the frames have a different palette?

they use the same palette

at least to my knowledge they do

edit: oooo

so, there’s a certain size limit to object frames it seems? i tried placing larger frames and i got the error.

wow the fuck? seriously? The sprite can’t fit on the sheet… but it can fit on the sheet?

this is horse shit.

@Mikey_Seregon can i give you my frames and can you try this out? I’ve been literally at this for fucking hours on end

As long as I know, object frames must be 488x160

Go ahead.

i mean the sprites on the frame itself. but that doesn’t make any god damn sense either :-1:

that’s why i’m suspecting that the sprite size itself has to be a certain size in the Object frame, maybe? idfk.

i’m going the fuck to bed. if you figure this out you’re a saint!

Well, apparently there is a limit of tiles per frame. I remember that this issue is present on the battle animations, and this can’t be solved (Unless you change your frames)
I tried erasing some parts of the frame and they work fine, so the problem is on the sprite itself.

There are both tile limits per frame, and overall tile limits (128 per frame, and I have no clue how many overall). The trick to getting your things to fit better is to use the same 8x8 tiles multiple times in one frame. Usenti has a tool for slicing things into unique tiles, you can use that to check if it’ll fit.

E: On further testing, putting frame 6 with a background on it’s own causes it to gag, which is bizarre, considering it’s less than 128 tiles. Chalk it up to FEditor being terrible at slicing things to fit on sheets.

yeah, i basically had to severely nerf the animation in terms of flare and size for it to insert.

ah well. but yeah, the size of too big. i guess this got solved lol…

feditorrrrr :anguished:

thanks for the help though, guys. At least it’s /something/