Walking Sounds

:frowning:

i repointed my class table beforehand, does that make a difference?

okay, so i tested it further and not every sound is the athos theme

some sounds work normally. Other sounds are athos theme.

one was a staff healing sound

another was a bandit cry???

are you using a weird regular sound/music table

@Alusq worked with music, but he didn’t change the location of the sound or music table.

and merely applying the patch without touching anything else summons athos, correct?

yeah, that or any other random sound whenever a character starts walking. Its more often than not athos, though.

Are you capable of applying the patch to a vanilla ROM without issue?

If so, you might want to try copy-pasting the relevant code sections (if you use “view patch data” in NUPS it should show you what’s changed; the code parts are the ones that aren’t huge) from a vanilla patched ROM and seeing what happens.

E:

WAIT I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED

Go into a vanilla ROM and copy the data the size of the table from D70000 into your work ROM. Yes, you’re copying big amounts of garbage. It’s important that the stuff matches exactly. Now patch.

What happened is that UPS is an XOR format, which means that the data in the patch itself is actually stored as a value to be binary-XOR’d with the values existing in the base ROM

As you said you zero’d out the stuff at 08D7:XXXX, this means that the initial table values are being set to the wrong thing, which is probably athos, at random.

1 Like

yass bitch yaaasss

thanks cam. patching on vanilla and transfering the data to the hacked rom did the trick

I wish someone had told me this earlier, it probably would explained why a lot of stuff I’ve tried in the past hasn’t worked

1 Like

Now, make that sound the walking sound, and no matter how shitty the hack, I will play it. Even if the hack is titled Feces Emblem.

Edit: Hahaaaaah

2 Likes