Uncounterable weapon glitch?

I was editing a lance in fe7 to make it uncounterable.

Whilst doing so I ran into a problem where the lance is shot from afar when the enemy or ally initiates the battle.

Of course while attacking the enemy, everything seems to be normal. He cannot attack and he is holding the weapon.

On Nightmare I used 0x81 for the item to be uncounterable and a weapon. What am I doing wrong?

Here’s what it looks like http://imgur.com/a/hNiWk

I think the game is (hard?)coded/programmed so that a weapon with the “uncounterable” ability will always display the farthest range for attacking; this is likely due to the fact that only the 3-10 range weapons actually use this in the default game, and my guess is that the 3-range would cause the indirect distance to load instead of the farthest distance to load, so they programmed it to load the farthest distance to prevent the indirect distance from loading at 3-range.

thekealganon, you are doing everything correct. It’s the game’s fault - long range and uncounterable are part of the same property. I think @Crazycolorz5 may have made a fix for this but I can’t seem to find it anymore…

Could this help?

Late reply, and negative, but I’d just like to add that I haven’t done anything to fix this.

This is old but it works