The Under

Did any of yous get Super Mario Maker If you did play this stage BDAB-0000-0033-2697

I did not make it

It’s great tho

2 Likes

I just want everyone who visits this site to know that I love them for validating the $10/month I spend on hosting.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

5 Likes

Still willing to chip in, even though I haven’t been frequenting it.

2 Likes

The less amount of users mean the ratio of decent to cunt is pretty in my favour.
Even if I’m part of the latter. Cunts don’t like cunts.

Until the day it unbalances, I’ll log in.

2 Likes

Hey hey I did it
(And like, 3 people total here will be able to appreciate this)

2 Likes

Is all good. What I’m really saying is: $10/month is hella cheap compared to the site’s value, and is absolutely money well spent. <3

2 Likes

Shouzou Kaga’s recent blog posts about his indie game

Just introduce them simply here. For the detailed translation maybe you can turn to the SF team.

Vestariasaga進捗状況 (10/04)

8 maps are completed and 3 maps are WIP. The progress is 40% now. It takes 10 hours at least to test them.
Here are some of them. Spoiler.

こんな感じでテストプレイ (10/07)

Some captures of the maker communication site and testplay bbs. All shown here are Kaga’s posts.

質問など (10/22)

Replies to fans’ questions in Emails and comments.

Summary:
1.Refuse anything such as donation, commercial cooperation, fund-raising events or transplant.
2.State the motivation for the project.
3.Restate the purpose of the project.
4.Record some problems encountered, mainly caused by the engine, the SRPG Studio.
5.He is working really hard on it now.
6.The volume is quite large, including 2 parts. In the 1st part, there are 20~25 maps. The main chapters are large and difficult like BS. It takes about 5 hours to clear one map. However, the gaiden maps are easy.
The amounts of the main quests and gaiden quests are equal.
It is allowed to save every 5 turns.
7.Over 100 classes. 60% of them appear in the 1st part. Over 100 characters. A large amount of texts too.
8.The target is 「古き良き時代のゲーム」. He is working hard on it and it will come out next summer.

スタッフのプレイ感想(雰囲気) (10/24)

Some feedbacks from the test players.

難易度について (10/29)

Talk about his thoughts on the difficulty of the game.

Help function will be included in the game, and he will set up a walkthrough web to help players. However, selection of difficulties is not provided, while several routes of story (even 鬼畜 route :P)are provided to select.

2部構成? (10/29)

The realization of the 2 parts.

PS: The portraits here have no relation to the content.

構想メモから(10/31)

A Character hypothesis for a princess of メレダ(a name of a country) called アトルフィス(her name).

ベネキア共和国(11/01)

A hypothesis for a country called ベネキア.

3 Likes

oh dear god it’s like he looked at fe4 and thought “hm okay fans took the huge-ass maps on the chin with mostly no problems. how far can i push them before they snap”

all i can think of on hearing this is the time that kojima wanted to make that “impossible and not recommended” two-week-long boss fight

2 Likes

That’s the shit nightmares are made of man, Kaga pls.

2 Likes

To be honest, if it was interesting and compelling and not just move unit here, move unit here, move unit here, then I probably wouldn’t mind larger and longer, more time-consuming maps.
Shorter maps work well nowadays because the gameplay is boring beyond the somewhat shallow strategic aspects and because it’s now more or less a hand-held series, which generally means it’s more pick up, play a map then put down again sort of thing.

2 Likes

Well. I couldn’t agree more. Even if it is allowed to save every 5 turns (obvious just a way of SL, no one wants to reset a 5-hour-long chapter just because of a miss), I still want to clear a map once. Few players can afford a complete 5-hour-long fight nowadays, except ネトゲ廃人. (It is said that he also acted like those for FF at one time.)

2 Likes

“Oh, FE4 maps take like, three hours to complete? Boom, eat five hour levels!”

Wow.

2 Likes

Also, with FE4, don’t things, at least in regards to story, somewhat develop over a chapter? I remember the level with Eltosian, where you get his sister, and there was a point where the rest of the map would open up as well.

I think in that aspect, it’s okay. Like, think of it as, if the only difference between the start and end of your map is only where the characters are on the map then you can cut it down, majorly.

2 Likes

hope you guys enjoy :ocean:

6 Likes

“wot the bloody 'ell is that emoticon’s weird face all abou—”
͏>:оcean:

no, discourse

http://i.imgur.com/cs6eerR.png
no

4 Likes

[5:27:55 PM] ghast: okay, you know in mappy/tiled in the “write map pointer” box?
[5:28:38 PM] Matt Chung (Agro): yuuup?
[5:29:02 PM] ghast: can you point that to free space?
[5:29:11 PM] ghast: like I’ve been using the vanilla ones the whole time
[5:29:17 PM] ghast: and just reusing them
[5:29:22 PM] Matt Chung (Agro): wtf
[5:29:24 PM] Matt Chung (Agro): of course you can
[5:29:36 PM] ghast: lekeks
[5:29:40 PM] Matt Chung (Agro): omg
[5:29:46 PM] Matt Chung (Agro): how have you not been fucking up every map
[5:29:55 PM] ghast: because Agro
[5:30:02 PM] ghast: I’m the best worst hacker in the community

7 Likes

Ohh, apparently the final boss of SMTxFE is [spoiler=spoilertho]Medeus[/spoiler] I’m ok with this.

Oh, Tiki’s divine dragon form is based of off FE3 book 2, fluffy dragon : D

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: FEU Discord Server

Ok, I’m trying to find a post, but now I’m trying to figure out if my brain is making it up, searching things like FE1 and Resistance are what I’ve been doing.

Has there been a discussion about FE1’s resistance stat bugging out if you put it at a nonzero growth? Or did I imagine that? (or was it on another forum entirely lol)

1 Like

There was this post during the thread on the Starsphere’s actual effect when it came to growths, but that’s the closest I remember to what you’re describing…

1 Like