The Under

reviving the chat

7 Likes

As dead as my aspiring ability to give a shit.

2 Likes

6 Likes

This deserves a song to go with it.

4 Likes

My brain is basically encoded to always upvote anything Gurren Lagann-related.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Guys we’re almost at 1000 posts.

only 76 to go

quality spam, 100000/10

aw i’m tearing up here. spambots are learning to be honest and vaguely polite!

Happy Arch Day, everybody!

It’s like arbor day, but less resourceful.

4 Likes

I guess I’ll leave this here.
Happy Arch Day yay

6 Likes

Story

Of

My

Fucking

Life

2 Likes

Beyond the link lies the Fire Emblem fanbase of 2003. They still whine about localisations and name debates are as hot as always.

4 Likes

I was gonna laugh but then I remembered that I spelled friend as frend when I was around these kids age

ahhh FESS. later it went on to develop an “elitist” attitude which died out along with most of its member base. @LordGlenn and I are more or less all that remain

the vintage localisation doomsaying and insistence that fe7 is 2edgy4e is just superb. aged to perfection! seriously, literally none of this thread would look out of place in the average thread about fe14’s localisation prior to its release. nothing has changed at all in thirteen years

4 Likes

There are a few more still active on SF (Vincent, TheEnd, MK404, probably a couple more I’m forgetting, etc.), but the “oldbies” are a dying breed. Well, at least the ones just from FESS. There’s handfuls from the other boards still around too, since none of the boards were really friendly with each other back in those days. A decent majority picked one and avoided the others, at least until lack of activity or closures prompted moving.

Also, Proboards FESS (“FESS1”) was pretty bad in retrospect. I’m kinda glad that I didn’t show up until the InvisionFree era (“FESS2”).

1 Like

oh wow, inter-board tensions? now this snapshot of The Ancient Internet is truly complete!

4 Likes

I still wonder if I’m the oldest, or close to the oldest remaining member from pre-FE7 days.