The State of the Blitz

None, preferably.

Well, this is the fundamental philosphical difference. I would personally rather see ten 5/10 projects than zero perfects.

I would rather 1 or 2 projects in a 7-8 range

When it comes to resources though, Iā€™d much prefer to have a smaller selection of good to high quality resources available. Imagine having a repository of the entire FE6 and FE7 soundtracks ready for insertion with buildfiles. Or a collection of custom tilesets and map palettes. The animation repository is full of high quality animations to choose from because we demand the high quality there. Itā€™d be lovely to see other aspects of FE hacking receive similar treatment instead of mostly relying on picking out a couple good items from the occasional resource blitzes.

We currently hae zero.
Thatā€™s part of the point of this exercise! VBA took, end to end, under 60 days. A single SoA release takes longer than that.

How many projects die after 10-11 maps due to burnout? EN 2020 is looking like less and less of a meme these days. Iā€™m legitimately curious ā€“ what projects have both as much gameplay as VBA while also having better quality than it? I can think of exactly one (The Last Promise), and that took ten years to finish.

Itā€™s not like you canā€™t go back and revise a blitzed project. We just donā€™t, because thereā€™s no interest in doing so.

1 Like

idk blitzes are neat but recently there has been like 3 in less than a month and 2 have failed so kinda burnt out ngl

if you compare, the time gap between vba and resonance was a little bit over half a year, which allowed people to breath a bit between the two, and get people back in the gotta go fast mood

anyways Iā€™ll go back to working on gfe1r weeeeee

I feel personally attacked

Itā€™s just

Quality > Quanity

2 Likes

You forgot laziness too

You mean laziness > quality?

if you want to prove me wrong, Iā€™d be pretty pleased :slight_smile:

SoonTM

1 Like

Letā€™s also not forget the originalest blitzes:

2 Likes