The Queen's Lament Demo 2.00

Damnit Dellhonne, what have we told you abou- oh whoops.

1 Like

I think you can tell by this responseā€™s delay that production has all but halted.

But that doesnā€™t mean there hasnā€™t been any progress! Chapters 2 and 6 have been remade, chapter 3 has been given a new (and hopefully more interesting) objective, and the rest of the chapters have had minor adjustments. In addition, both player and enemy units have been rebalanced, some talks between characters were added, and there have been plenty of other miscellaneous changes. Plus, chapter 7 has been mostly assembled even though no one likes how hard I made it.

And donā€™t apologize. Weā€™re glad youā€™re interested!

YAY!
Iā€™m glad to hear it

Hey everyone,

Weā€™ve been silent for a while now and you probably thought we were all dead, but surprise, weā€™ve actually been working hard on the project! The original demo had 6 chapters, but this one goes all the way up to Chapter 11. Weā€™ve tweaked many aspects of the original chapters, too, added everything from new mechanics to new characters, so look forward to that.

In the brand new chapters, youā€™ll get further into the plot, following protagonist Prince Rokevin in his journeys and misfortunes. This time, you will also spend a few chapters playing from the perspective of Rokevinā€™s best friend Augustus, as he searches for secrets that may spell the end of both of their kingdoms. Also in this demo, weā€™ve included a new race of beast units similar to those found in FE9, 10, 13, and 14. There are both playable and enemy beast races which we have named the ā€˜Vakarā€™.

However, during these past couple of years the team has experienced some difficulty in its development process. Thus we must say the project will be on hiatus until further notice.

Because of this we decided to go out on a bang, so make sure to play the demo until the end!

ALSO the Readme file is severely outdated, please ignore it!

Thank you, and enjoy.

New Release

5 Likes

Here are growths for everyone appearing in the demo, in case anyone was curious since the readme is outdated.

1 Like

Unfortunately the patch doesnā€™t seem to agree with my old flash card, so I didnā€™t get to play as much as Iā€™d have liked, but I liked what I saw! The incompetent lord, long suffering retainer thing is quite enjoyable.

1 Like

A quick amendment to our previous release:
This patch contains the planned custom music all the way until the end of the demo. Feel free to try it out if you want to listen to something other than vanilla FE7 music.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/77s8rs0m399qcy7/TQL+v2.1.zip

I look forward for the complete work! :thumbsup:

Any updates on the progress thus far?