Teraspark's Spriting Thread

babby’s first mod action

5 Likes

I’ve been practicing making item icons
Here’s some of what I’ve made so far

3 Likes

We can request animations?

I swear this exists somewhere, I just don’t remember where.

Yes, The second post is a wiki to let people add requests
I just put requests as its own section to make it a bit more orderly
maybe consider leaving your username by the request as well so i can know who wants what

1 Like

Aaah Spiders

Finished the frames for my palette mod of the normal animation so now I just need to figure out the ranged animation

1 Like

cool men look awesome

Generic Rainbow Spiders

Also got the ranged animation working

The gif lags a bit because i suck at recording them

2 Likes

I like to pretend there’s ominous doom music playing as the fighter realizes the end has come. Time slows down as he thinks about the things he’s done in his life, people he’ll never meet. His life flashes before his eyes as the terrifying abomination casts its wicked magical spell, all the while staring into the very depths of his soul with its cruel, calculating eyes. The eyes of a beast. The eyes of an inhuman monster.

Slowly, the magic creeps its way across the ground. “Daddy” says a faint memory from the past. Fighter blinks back tears as he remembers the little girl he left back home. He’ll never get to see her grow up. He left her with an aunt as his wife died during childbirth. His daughter is all he has left in this world. Still, the terrifying Godzilla-fied arachnid glares at him with unblinking eyes.

It’s here now. He feels the warm, yet icy chill of darkness enveloping his body. Any second now, it will all be over. His organs will be crushed and liquified, his bones shattered into a million fragments. There won’t be enough of him for them to identify the body. His daughter will never know what happened to her father. Will she hate him? Will she hope that he is still alive? Maybe she will blame him for leaving her alone. A tear streaks down his cheek, as death comes and the final bell tolls.

6 Likes

I’m getting into making battle frames now

8 Likes

:open_mouth:
Melikes, awesome work, Tera!

I’m trying to make monks with staves

I just need to change the color scheme up a bit and figure out what size the Lucius female version should be

1 Like

Took me awhile but I’ve got the design down for the monks.

Now I can start working on the animations

2 Likes

I’m making progress on T2 skeletons

its still a WIP though

5 Likes

Sword animation is finished

I’m planning to do the lance next

5 Likes

You should have worked in FE8, why did they not hire you?
This animation looks cooler than the CRAPPY recolor from FE8

I always assumed they planned to add actual promoted animations at some point, (the promoted animations are actually present in the game as their own animation, and not handled by the game’s palette system) but FE8 always felt a bit thrown to the side in favor of FE9 in development, as whoever did FE8’s new animations was clearly competent :P. They rightly prioritized animations for the new playable classes.

Though, maybe it’s a bit too late for me to be commenting on it, but on the walking to/back from the enemy frames, the shield shifts back and forth by 1 pixel, though it might just be following a hand motion of the original game… (watch the shield’s outline in relation to the skelton’s visible elbow)

2 Likes

Yes the arms do move slightly as the it walks.
Does it like alright as is or should i try to make the shield not move at all?
Since i still have to go back in and add generic palettes later i could fix it one time.

Well, FE9 was in development before FE8, and I’ve always professed that FE8 felt a bit like a “B Team” was in charge of it while the main team was still working on FE9.

@Teraspark I didn’t even notice the motion on the shield when I didn’t have my face close up to my screen, so it’s probably fine to the general eye. Plus, since it’s in motion, it should be moving too (even the sword lifts a little bit up off of the ground as its moving backwards (as it should)). It does look a little “jittery”/“stuttery” right as it gets close to the enemy though, so that specific frame might need a slight tweak (be it a minor repositioning, a frame in between, or maybe a blur to show change between frames)?

1 Like

The Lance animation is in progress

5 Likes