Spud's Sprites: The Potato's Return

I had an idea for the class name of your mounted Brigand. You could call it a “Highwayman.”

1 Like

I had the idea of “Raider”

1 Like

Are you planning to make a map sprite for the mounted Brigand?

@FPzero I will be using yours.
@BlueDruid Raider is more like Yeti’s idea of a pirate promotion though, which is what I’d use the name for. That or Seaman

Possibly, I’m going to be on a vacation all next week so I’m not going to be doing anything until I get back from that

Finished a recolor of the recruit to look more like Amelia’s portrait.

Now I am going to start on promoted animations.

3 Likes

RE: FE2 Sage

Perhaps you should have the cape in a more natural (i.e. not gravity-defying) position for the still frame, and have the cape flutter for the attack/crit in a way that’s reminiscent of the Gaiden sprite?

Finally someone addressed the elephant in the room. :smiley:

The shading did not look good and the colors were too dark for a battle sprite. So I decided to help out a bit.

4 Likes

Well yeah the flying cape is ridiculous for a standing frame. That was just the first picture I found of the sprite and I tried to recreate it.

1 Like

Someone say gravity-defying?

;}

1 Like

A hoof is touching the ground. How dare you imply that pegasus doesn’t simply have exquisite balance.

3 Likes

Working on a promotion for the Amelia recolor and I need some advice and critiques. I feel like the middle frames look strange and manly, and I’m sure the shading throughout has issues.

3 Likes

That bendy arm in frame 7 looks a little odd to me, but otherwise everything looks good.

Her free hand on the standing sprite looks a little awkward and so does her skirt. I like the motion though, and I like the fact that she one-hands the lance now.

I’ll try to fix the noodle arms and repost a pic once I’ve finished the return frames. Thanks for the input.

So I took the shading help on the sage and have been messing around with animating it. Here’s the crit. I don’t really like the way it pauses during the screen flash and the cape flutter at the end looks weird.
Any thoughts?

3 Likes

The way his left hand side just stays motionless seems off to me.

Now with slightly different lightning and movement

6 Likes

It feels like the head needs a slight blur frame when lowering his head and closing his eyes. The transition there feels too choppy, but otherwise the animation is great.