[Solved] Problems with activating an after death event

So, a while ago, I asked something like this, but I lost my old rom and events.

Anyways, I was attempting to do that after death events, but it will never activate:

Inside the misc events I have this:
AFEV 0x02 CorrinDies 0x08

And inside the events section I have this for the CorrinDies events:
CorrinDies:
IFET 0x08 0x02
CAM1 [1,3]
CURF [1,3]
TEX1 0x819
REMA
ENUF 0x02
ENIF 0x08
ENDA

I just used the generic boss trigger ID for their death quote which is 0x02, but it doesn’t seem to work. I’m obviously doing something wrong, and I think it stems from the boss death quote trigger ID.

I am not sure on what to do from here, an example would be nice, cause the tutorials on this particular subject are very vague.

According to the AFEV code you wrote, your event ID is 0x02 and it triggers when event ID 0x08 occurs. In other words, your AFEV event ID code and condition ID are reversed. You want:

AFEV 0x08 CorrinDies 0x02

This says that event ID 0x08 (the AFEV event) will occur after event ID 0x02 is triggered, provided you programmed 0x02 for the death quote of the character for that chapter.

I’ll try that right now! Thanks.

I tried it, and nothing still happened. I think I might of not programmed the 0x02 death quote like you mentioned.

I checked but I’m not quite understanding what I am supposed to do:

I have this on Ninian which is Corrin in this case:
Using Nightmare on the Death Quote Editor
Pointer to death event - 0x8CC08EC
Trigger ID: 0x02

That must be from death quote editor part 1. The pointer to death event is actually used from the vanilla game to start some event when Ninian dies. I would not use that slot. Instead, I would set the chapter of that slot to 0x00 - Prologue to prevent that event from even occurring.

Next, open the death quote editor part 2. Choose a slot that is being used by a character you don’t care about (like Zugu’s or another old boss from the vanilla). Set the character slot to be Ninian (Corrin), the chapter to be the chapter you are on, text value to whatever Corrin’s death quote is (0x00 if you want him to say nothing), the pointer to event to 0x00 (which it should be already), and the trigger ID to 0x02. Apply and save. That should set up the death event.

Also, in your CorrinDies event, delete the IFET line, the ENUF line, and the ENIF line. They are unnecessary for the code and might (possibly?) affect the event. Either way, it’s just a waste of space.

Hope that helps.

Sorry for the delay. I have been banging my head on the wall for the past half hour after giving you bad advice. I did not realize that you were working on the prologue chapter. Why am I so stupid!? :disappointed_relieved::

Anyway, with Ninian’s death quote in death quote editor part 1 (entry 0x1C), I should have said set the character slot to 0x00 - None to prevent that event from being used at all (EDIT: Make sure you apply and save the changes). Then, open up death quote editor part 2. Locate Ninian’s slot (0x23), change the chapter to 0x00 - Prologue, and change the trigger ID to 0x02. Apply and save. Once Corrin was killed, his death quote was triggered and the AFEV event was triggered.

P.S. To test this, I went out of my way to kill Corrin myself. Don’t know if you wanted me to do that.

You are a life saver! Everything works perfectly!

Cheers mate!

P.S. Thanks for killing Corrin

No problem. It was my pleasure. :wink:

Also, I’d delete the post with the link to your rom - it’s again the rules of the forum :unamused: